The UK’s leading laser hair removal clinics
Client care at the heart for over 30 years
Unrivalled safety, laser and treatment standards
Delivered only by highly qualified, medically trained laser specialists
Regulated by the Care Quality Commission
Laser hair removal pricing
sk:n is the UK’s leading laser, dermatology and aesthetic group, and pride ourselves on excellence. We have industry-leading training, safety and care protocols, and we’re regulated by the Care Quality Commission and General Medical Councils, so you can trust you’re in the best and safest hands.
For the best results, we recommend a course of 8 treatments, but this can vary slightly depending on the client. To help you soothe your skin after treatment and protect it from sun exposure, we offer free post-treatment skincare worth £45: Avène Thermal Water Spray 150ml, sk:n Aloe Vera Gel 100ml, sk:n Sunscreen SPF30 100ml.
You can buy online, or you can book laser hair removal at every sk:n clinic, including:
London, Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Chester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leamington Spa, Leeds, Liverpool, Maidenhead, Newcastle, Nottingham, Reading, Sevenoaks, Sheffield, Portsmouth.
Find your nearest clinic here.
To secure an appointment, your credit or debit card details will be secured against your booking. For laser hair removal, this is £25. Please refer to our payment protection and cancellation policies for more information.
|Treatment||Single Treatment From||Course of 8 Price per Treatment From|
|Women's full body*||£834.35||
|Men's full body*||£973.88||
The sk:n promise
Our mission to deliver confidence through better skin is at the heart of everything we do. Our promise to you:
- Award-winning, unrivalled medical expertise. No one has more consultants, doctors and clinical expertise than sk:n, so no other dermatology provider comes close.
- Outstanding approach to client care for over 30 years. We’ve consistently delivered unrivalled, personalised client care, that’s always right for our clients. If you have a concern, you can trust us to solve it.
- Standards you can trust. Our market-leading medical, safety and training protocols and strict industry regulation means you can trust that your safety and care is our priority.
- We are the UK’s leading skin clinics. We’ve treated millions of clients, improving their self-confidence for the better – with some life-changing results.
Request a callback
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will call you to book your consultation.
- More than 450 consultants, doctors, nurses and medical practitioners
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission, Health Inspectorate Wales and Health Improvement Scotland
- Partner of the NHS
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety and care protocols
What Happens During Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
Laser hair removal treatment works by permanently damaging or destroying the individual hair follicles (i.e., the root of each hair beneath the surface of the skin.) This prevents the hair from regrowing in the treated area.
In order to be effective, the hairs must be treated when they are in the growth part of their life cycle, known as the anagen phase. Unfortunately, not all of your hairs will be at this exact stage during treatment, so a number of treatments are required to target as many hairs as possible.
- Laser hair removal is a pain free treatment, so there’s no need to feel nervous beforehand.
- You’ll be asked to shave the area before your appointment so that the laser can target the hairs at the root.
- Your practitioner will ensure you are comfortable and relaxed, before cleansing your skin thoroughly.
- The treatment will then begin. The practitioner will direct the laser light at the area being treated. This will feel a bit like an elastic band being twanged against the skin and will create a warming sensation.
- After treatment, your skin may be a little red and uncomfortable, but this should subside within 24 hours or so. You should begin to see a reduction in hair growth from the very first treatment, but you will need to have from six to eight treatments in order to achieve permanent results.
Frequently asked questions
How does laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal treatment works by permanently damaging or destroying each hair follicle, which prevents the hair from regrowing in the treated area.
In order to be effective, the hair must be treated when they are in the growth part of their life cycle, known as the anagen phase. Unfortunately, not all of your hairs will be at this stage during treatment, so a number of treatments are required to damage or destroy as many follicles as possible during the right hair growth phase.
What do I need to know about my laser hair removal appointments?
You will need to shave the area 24 hours before your appointment so that the laser can target the hairs at the root, rather than on the surface above the skin.
Your laser practitioner will ensure you are comfortable and relaxed, before cleansing your skin of all make up and deodorant thoroughly.
When treatment starts, the practitioner will set the machine to the correct wavelength for your skin and hair type. The handpiece will then be moved over the treatment area so the light light energy from the laser can target the hair. The laser energy will feel a bit like an elastic band being flicked against the skin and will create a warming sensation, which is then cooled by the cooling device attached.
After treatment, your skin may be a little red and uncomfortable, but this should subside within 24 hours or so. We’ll give you a cooling spray and aloe vera gel to soothe the area, and SPF to protect the skin as it will be more sensitive to sun damage. You should see a reduction in hair growth from the very first treatment, but you will need to have around 8 treatments in order to achieve the best results.
Can I get rid of excess hair permanently?
There is no way to completely remove all unwanted hair permanently – but there are methods which will result in permanent hair reduction. Even when the hair follicle is damaged or destroyed via laser or electrolysis, hormonal changes can cause new follicles to develop, meaning hair will grow in that area and you may require a top-up session. Laser hair removal is one of the most effective and long-lasting solutions for hair removal as it targets the individual follicles and is administered through a course of treatments. Clients can see a permanent result of up to 90% reduction in hair growth, and results are dependent on hair type and colour – clients with darker hair will see the best results, and those with white, grey, blonde or red hair will not due to the lack of pigment.
How long does permanent laser hair removal take?
Each laser hair removal session may take between 15 minutes to over an hour, depending on the size of the area that is being treated.
Is permanent laser hair removal safe?
Yes. While the lasers used for hair removal are very powerful, it’s extremely important for your care and safety that you choose a provider like sk:n who is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (the same body that regulates our NHS), HIS in Scotland and HIW in Wales. In addition to industry regulation, we have strict and industry-leading clinical, hygiene and safety protocols, and each and every practitioner is medically trained.
Plus, we have over 30 years’ experience. sk:n has treated millions of clients, some with life changing results, so you can trust you’re in the best and safest hands.
For more information on our clinical standards and training, read the ultimate guide to laser hair removal.
Is permanent laser hair removal unsuitable for darker skin?
No. Laser hair treatment is suitable for any skin type or colour, as long as the hairs are dark enough to attract the laser.