Permanently reduce unwanted body & facial hair by up to 90%
Target hairs all over the
body & face
Say goodbye to ingrown hairs & shaving rash
The prices shown are starting prices and exact price will be confirmed in consultation where treatment options, suitability and price will be discussed.
|Treatment||Single Treatment From||Course of 8 Price per Treatment From|
|Women's full body*||£655.00||
|Men's full body*||£765.00||
Manage Your Bookings Online
When life gets busy, you want to easily be able to manage your bookings. For our existing customers, you can now use our new online service for checking and moving appointments, and rebooking treatment consultations, meaning you don’t need to wait to speak to one of our call centre team members. Click on ‘Manage My bookings’ to register and get started. We’ll be adding lots of new features in the near future including the ability to book treatment courses.
Arrange a Consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer any questions you may have and help you on your sk:n journey.
- Qualified medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated Excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Due to Covid-19 we have additional health and safety measures put in place to protect our teams there may be a delay in getting back to you
What Happens During Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
Laser hair removal treatment works by permanently damaging or destroying the individual hair follicles (i.e., the root of each hair beneath the surface of the skin.) This prevents the hair from regrowing in the treated area.
In order to be effective, the hairs must be treated when they are in the growth part of their life cycle, known as the anagen phase. Unfortunately, not all of your hairs will be at this exact stage during treatment, so a number of treatments are required to target as many hairs as possible.
- Laser hair removal is a pain free treatment, so there’s no need to feel nervous beforehand.
- You’ll be asked to shave the area before your appointment so that the laser can target the hairs at the root.
- Your practitioner will ensure you are comfortable and relaxed, before cleansing your skin thoroughly.
- The treatment will then begin. The practitioner will direct the laser light at the area being treated. This will feel a bit like an elastic band being twanged against the skin and will create a warming sensation.
- After treatment, your skin may be a little red and uncomfortable, but this should subside within 24 hours or so. You should begin to see a reduction in hair growth from the very first treatment, but you will need to have from six to eight treatments in order to achieve permanent results.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does permanent laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal is an effective solution to removing unwanted body and facial hair. It works by harnessing the effects of a specially designed and very powerful laser to target the hair follicles and preventing regrowth.
Can I get rid of excess hair permanently?
There is no way to completely remove all unwanted hair permanently – but there are methods which provide a permanent reduction. Even when the hair follicle is damaged or destroyed via laser or electrolysis, hormonal changes can cause new follicles to develop, meaning hair will grow in that area. laser hair removal is one of the most effective and long-lasting solutions for hair removal as it targets the individual follicles and is administered through a course of treatments.
How long does laser hair removal last?
Clients can see a permanent result of up to 90% reduction in hair growth, and results are dependent on hair type and colour
How long does permanent laser hair removal take?
Each laser hair removal session may take between 15 minutes to over an hour, depending on the size of the area that is being treated.
How many sessions do I need for permanent laser hair removal?
At sk:n we usually recommend a course of facial laser hair removal treatment to achieve the best results.
How painful is permanent laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is described as feeling like the flick of an elastic band.
Is permanent laser hair removal safe?
The lasers used for hair removal are very powerful, so it’s extremely important for your safety that you choose a provider like sk:n who is monitored by the Care Quality Commission, or other relevant regulatory body. This means the practitioner carrying out the treatment has met minimum training requirements and that the clinic achieves important health, safety and hygiene standards.
sk:n has delivered more than a million laser hair removal treatments. See our Buyer’s Guide for more information about our laser hair removal practitioners’ training and expertise.
Is permanent laser hair removal unsuitable for darker skin?
Laser hair treatment is fine for any skin type or colour, as long as your hairs are dark enough to attract the laser.
What happens after permanent laser hair removal?
The laser targets only the hair follicle, leaving the surrounding skin unharmed. You may experience some redness, but this should subside within 24 hours.