sk:n is the UK’s leading skin clinics and experts in acne scarring
Unrivalled acne care for 1000s of clients per year
Treatment with a medical practitioner, nurse or doctor
Industry leading training and safety regulations
Our industry-leading medical guidance and protocols, Care Quality Commission regulation, (Health Improvement and Health Inspectorate in Scotland and Wales) and acne expertise, means you can trust that you are in the best and safest hands.
During your consultation, we’ll prescribe a personalised treatment plan for the best solution to your acne scarring. Consultations with a nurse are priced at £25 and consultations with a doctor start from £100. They are non-refundable, but redeemable against treatment.
Prices shown are an indication; book a consultation to discuss your treatment plan and costs.
Acne scar treatment is available nationwide, including:
London, Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Bournemouth, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Epsom, Guildford, Leamington Spa, Leeds, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Northampton, Nottingham, Sevenoaks, Southampton, Wolverhampton.
Treatment types can vary by clinic.
|Treatment||Single Treatment From||Course of 5 Price per Treatment From|
|Test patch (for laser resurfacing)||£105.00||
|Microneedling (1.5mm, with a nurse)||£391.00||
|Fraxel resurfacing (½ area, with a doctor)||£770.00||
|CO2RE laser resurfacing for scarring (0.25 area, with a doctor)||£855.00||
|CO2RE laser resurfacing for rejuvenation (1 area, with a doctor)||£1,067.00||
|CO2RE laser resurfacing for scarring (0.5 area, with a doctor)||£1,146.00||
The sk:n promise
Our mission to deliver confidence through better skin is at the heart of everything we do. Our promise to you:
- Award-winning, unrivalled medical expertise. No one has more consultants, doctors and clinical expertise than sk:n, so no other dermatology provider comes close.
- Outstanding approach to client care for over 30 years. We’ve consistently delivered unrivalled, personalised client care, that’s always right for our clients. If you have a concern, you can trust us to solve it.
- Standards you can trust. Our market-leading medical, safety and training protocols and strict industry regulation means you can trust that your safety and care is our priority.
- We are the UK’s leading skin clinics. We’ve treated millions of clients, improving their self-confidence for the better – with some life-changing results.
Arrange your consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will call you to book your consultation.
- More than 450 consultants, doctors, nurses and medical practitioners
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission, Health Inspectorate Wales and Health Improvement Scotland
- Partner of the NHS
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety and care protocols
Frequently Asked Questions
Is acne scarring treatment right for me?
The acne scarring treatments we offer are effective for most people. If there are any issues with your suitability for treatment, a doctor or nurse will talk this through during your consultation and will discuss alternatives.
I still have active acne. Can I start acne scarring treatment?
No, you will have to wait to begin your acne scarring treatment until your acne is not active, and your skin is relatively clear. Having treatment could irritate your acne which can often be painful and leave your skin feeling sensitive.
How long will the results last?
In most cases the results will be permanent. However if you suffer from acne again after having acne scarring treatment, there is a risk that new scars will form and you will require further treatment.
How long does it take for acne scars to go away?
Before we can answer that, it’s important to determine the type of scarring you have, which we will do in your consultation. It is essential we wait until your skin is almost clear of acne to begin treatment. As an example, many of our clients see great results from microneedling where a course of 3 is required at monthly intervals, so you may be looking at a minimum of 3 months to see any substantial results. With laser resurfacing, many clients experience amazing results after just 1 treatment.
Does acne scarring treatment hurt?
During most laser or microneedling/dermapen treatments, there can be very mild discomfort, but we can apply topical anaesthetic cream if necessary. As laser resurfacing removes the epidermis, the thin top layer of the skin, to encourage collagen production, this can cause some discomfort. However we do use numbing cream on the area to minimise any discomfort.