How is acne treated?
Depending on the type and severity of your acne, there are several treatment options:
- At-home care – For mild acne, having a diligent hygiene and skincare routine using gentle, acne-suitable, skincare products may fix the problem.
- Medication – Over-the-counter (OTC) medication may help relieve the symptoms of acne. Typical OTC acne medication contains active ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, sulfur and resorcinol to remove dead skin cells and bacteria.
In more severe cases, your dermatologist may prescribe oral and topical antibiotics to reduce the inflammation and kill the acne-causing bacteria.
- Skin treatments – Your acne specialist may recommend acne treatments to relieve the symptoms and prevent scarring, including chemical peels, laser peels and blue light therapy.
Acne treatment at sk:n
At sk:n, we treat 4,500 acne sufferers every year and know how much distress the condition can cause.
Regardless of the severity of your condition, we can help clients with all types of acne by providing bespoke solutions to suit your skin.
We have the largest network of expert doctors who are able to recommend highly effective treatments and products, as well as prescribe the right medication required.
At sk:n, we have the solutions to solve your acne concerns, for skin you love again.
From scientfically-formulated skincare for acne, to skin peels, we’ll recommend the right treatment plan for you.
Request a callback
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will call you to book your consultation.
- More than 450 consultants, doctors, nurses and medical practitioners
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission, Health Inspectorate Wales and Health Improvement Scotland
- Partner of the NHS
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety and care protocols