Administered by a Qualified Doctor or Nurse
Procedure follows strict medical protocols
Performed in a safe and medical environment
Interest free credit
The prices shown are starting prices and exact price will be confirmed in consultation where treatment options, suitability and expected results will be discussed.
We offer a nationwide service for leg thread vein removal including:-
To secure an appointment, your credit or debit card details will be secured against your booking. For free consultations, this is £25 with a practitioner or £50 for acne or injectables consultations. For all other chargeable consultations, appointments, test patches and reviews, please refer to our payment protection and cancellation policies for more information.
|Doctor consultations from||
|Treatment||Single Treatment From||Course of 3 Price per Treatment From|
|Minor skin area (10cm x 10cm)||£345.00||
|Intermediate skin area (20cm x 10cm)||£418.00||
|Major (Multiple skin areas)||£522.00||
|Minor area using Sclero (10cm x 10cm)||£321.00||
|Intermediate area using Sclero (20cm x 10cm)||£407.00||
|Major area using Sclero (Multiple areas)||£498.00||
The sk:n promise
Our mission to deliver confidence through better skin is at the heart of everything we do. Our promise to you:
- Award-winning, unrivalled medical expertise. No one has more consultants, doctors and clinical expertise than sk:n, so no other dermatology provider comes close.
- Outstanding approach to client care for over 30 years. We’ve consistently delivered unrivalled, personalised client care, that’s always right for our clients. If you have a concern, you can trust us to solve it.
- Standards you can trust. Our market-leading medical, safety and training protocols and strict industry regulation means you can trust that your safety and care is our priority.
- We are the UK’s leading skin clinics. We’ve treated millions of clients, improving their self-confidence for the better – with some life-changing results.
Request a callback
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will call you to book your consultation.
- More than 450 consultants, doctors, nurses and medical practitioners
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission, Health Inspectorate Wales and Health Improvement Scotland
- Partner of the NHS
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety and care protocols
Frequently asked questions
Is leg thread vein removal treatment safe?
Yes. We use state-of-the-art lasers which only target unwanted veins, leaving the surrounding skin unharmed. Sclerotherapy is a proven method that has been practised since the 1930s. It is an extremely safe treatment with very few complications when performed by a medical practitioner.
Does leg thread vein removal hurt?
You may find the treatment slightly uncomfortable but not painful. Laser treatment is described as feeling like the flick of an elastic band on your skin. With sclerotherapy, you might feel the pricking sensation of the needle, but the pain is minimal. If you are concerned, we can also apply a numbing cream before the treatment.
What results will I see from a leg thread vein removal treatment?
Our clients report a visible reduction in unwanted veins by as much as 75% following one to three treatments.
How long will the results last?
The results are permanent. However, if you are prone to leg thread veins you may need occasional maintenance treatments if new vessels appear.
Are there any side effects after the treatment?
You may notice some swelling or slight bruising but this is temporary and will usually fade within a few days to reveal clear and healthy skin.
How do I get rid of spider veins on my legs?
There are two treatment options – either opt for laser treatment, which breaks down the veins by using brief pulses of laser light which heats up veins quickly causing them to collapse. Or sclerotherapy is an injection of a saline solution which will disperse the thread veins. Your medical practitioner will discuss these options further with you.
How much does it cost to remove spider veins on legs?
It would depend on the size of the area and whether laser or sclerotherapy is best for you. Prices start at £275 per treatment, but if you require three treatments you would save money by booking a course.
Is there any preparation before the treatment?
Yes, our Leg Thread Veins Treatment Programme has been specifically designed by our experts and each product has been carefully selected from our range of high-quality skincare brands. This includes three different products for use before and after your treatment. You will receive a 40% discount when purchased with a treatment course. Before your treatment, you should protect your skin with a high factor sun cream. You should also avoid using fake tan before your treatment. We recommend sk:n Sunscreen SPF 30.
What is the aftercare procedure?
After your treatment, your doctor will give you all of the aftercare advice you need. We recommend using Avéne Thermal Water Spray which will instantly soothe and calm irritated skin. You should also use sk:n Aloe Vera Gel which is enriched with natural botanicals with proven hydrating, soothing and healing properties. This gel cools the skin, protects from free-radicals and encourages cell regeneration of healthy skin. We also recommend sk:n Sunscreen SPF 30 as treated skin may be more sensitive to the sun.
What other aftercare advice should I be aware of?
· Ensure the skin to be treated isn’t tanned (including fake tan) and hasn’t had any excessive sun exposure in the last six weeks prior to your treatment.
· Products containing Vitamin A should not be used for three days prior to your treatment.
· Avoid excessive heat such as saunas, steam rooms or aerobic activity for three days after treatment.
· Do not expose the treatment area to sunlight or sunbeds after treatment and use sk:n SPF 30 daily.
· Wear loose clothing for three days after treatment to avoid friction on the skin.
How can I prevent leg thread veins?
You should maintain a healthy weight to reduce pressure on the legs, stay mobile and avoid sitting or standing for hours and try to walk around every 30 minutes. Ensure you get regular exercise which will improve circulation, and where possible elevate the legs when sitting down. You should also avoid tight clothing which can restrict blood flow, avoid overuse of hot tubs and saunas which can cause veins to swell, or try wearing compression stockings which will help improve blood flow and prevent further thread veins.