from 15 minutes
a Doctor or Nurse
Facial thread veins removal pricing
The following clinics offer free suitability assessments:
To secure an appointment, your credit or debit card details will be secured against your booking. For free consultations, this is £25 with a practitioner or £50 for acne or injectables consultations. For all other chargeable consultations, appointments, test patches and reviews, please refer to our payment protection and cancellation policies for more information.
To secure an appointment, we will require a deposit. For skin treatment appointments with a nurse or practitioner, this is £25, and £50 with a doctor. For more information, please refer to our terms and conditions terms and conditions.
|Treatment||Single Treatment From||Course of 3 Price per Treatment From|
|Facial thread veins - very minor (1cm x 1cm)||£213.00||
|Facial thread veins - minor, e.g. nose (5cm x 5cm)||£261.00||
|Facial thread veins - intermediate, e.g. nose and cheeks (10cm x 10cm)||£310.00||
|Facial thread veins - major, e.g. whole face (with a doctor only)||£460.00||
The sk:n promise
Our mission to deliver confidence through better skin is at the heart of everything we do. Our promise to you:
- Award-winning, unrivalled medical expertise. No one has more consultants, doctors and clinical expertise than sk:n, so no other dermatology provider comes close.
- Outstanding approach to client care for over 30 years. We’ve consistently delivered unrivalled, personalised client care, that’s always right for our clients. If you have a concern, you can trust us to solve it.
- Standards you can trust. Our market-leading medical, safety and training protocols and strict industry regulation means you can trust that your safety and care is our priority.
- We are the UK’s leading skin clinics. We’ve treated millions of clients, improving their self-confidence for the better – with some life-changing results.
Request a callback
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will call you to book your consultation.
- More than 450 consultants, doctors, nurses and medical practitioners
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission, Health Inspectorate Wales and Health Improvement Scotland
- Partner of the NHS
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety and care protocols
Frequently asked questions
How long will the treatment last?
Our clients report up to 75% visible reduction with just one to three treatments. Facial thread vein treatments are semi-permanent, as in some cases they may shrink, but not obliterate the thread veins. If this were to happen, the thread vein may reappear in time.
Is this treatment right for me?
During your consultation, your doctor will discuss your suitability for this treatment. The laser distinguishes the veins by their colour, meaning the treatment may not be suitable for people with darker skin. Also, you cannot have this treatment if you have a suntan.
Is thread vein removal safe?
Yes, it is a completely safe and proven treatment. The state-of-the-art lasers we use at sk:n will target the unwanted veins and will not affect the surrounding skin.
Where on my body can I have treatment?
We offer facial thread vein removal on the face and neck. You can also have treatment for unwanted thread veins on your legs. Find out more about leg thread vein removal.
How can I prevent facial thread veins?
There are several things you can do to avoid facial thread veins. Avoid high temperatures from saunas, spas, or extreme hot weather. Also, limit excessive exposure to the sun and wear a high-factor sun cream every day throughout the year.
Is the treatment painful?
It can be a little uncomfortable but not painful. If at any time you want to have a break from the treatment your practitioner will pause. We can also apply a numbing cream before the treatment on the area.
Is there any preparation before the treatment?
Yes. We currently offer a Facial Thread Veins Treatment Programme. This consists of three different products for pre and post-treatment. You will receive a 40% discount when purchased with a treatment course. Before your treatment, you should protect your skin with a high-factor sun cream. You should also avoid using fake tan before your treatment.
What are the side effects?
You may experience some bruising or swelling after treatment, but this should subside within 72 hours.
What is the aftercare procedure?
After your treatment, your doctor will give you all of the aftercare advice you need. We recommend using Avéne Thermal Water Spray, this instantly soothing spray is the perfect solution to cool the skin and calm irritation after treatment. We also recommend using sk:n Aloe Vera Gel. Aloe Vera is a natural botanical with proven hydrating, soothing and healing properties. This soothing gel cools whilst protecting the skin from free-radicals and encourages cell regeneration of healthy skin.
What other aftercare advice should I be aware of?
- Products containing Vitamin A should not be used for three days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid alcohol or aspirin 24 hours before your treatment, due to the increased risk of bruising.
- Avoid excessive heat such as saunas, steam rooms or aerobic activity for three days after treatment.
Do not use exfoliators or products with Vitamin A until the skin has completely healed.