How to prevent Acne Vulgaris
Since Acne Vulgaris is mostly caused by hormonal changes, there isn’t a lot you can do to control this. However, a range of lifestyle changes can compliment your treatment and skincare regime, to help keep the symptoms of acne vulgaris at bay.
- Wear sun protection: acne skin treatments and medication can increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun, increasing the risk of sunburn and inflammation
- Avoid touching or picking at acne lesions: picking at acne increases the risk of scarring.
- Avoid foods that may cause flare-ups: dairy and foods with a high-glycemic index.
Treat Your Acne Vulgaris at sk:n
Book a consultation to see a trained acne specialist at your nearest sk:n clinic for £25 and have your skin thoroughly assessed. You will receive an individual treatment plan and advice on a skincare routine that will help keep your Acne Vulgaris at bay.
Please note, if you are under 18 and would like to book a consultation for Acne Vulgaris treatment, you must have your consultation with a Nurse and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. However, you can go on to have treatment without them in attendance. You may need to also have a consultation with a Dermatologist depending on the severity of your acne.
At sk:n, we’re proud to have leading dermatologists treating Acne Vulgaris in our clinics across the UK, as well as a team of acne specialists who understand the medical causes behind Acne Vulgaris and the emotional impact on those who suffer from this condition.
Here at sk:n we have a range of treatments designed to help you get the skin you want.
Book your Acne Vulgaris consultation today and start your journey to clearer skin.
Arrange your consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will call you to book your consultation.
- Qualified and regulated medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety and care protocols