How to prevent Acne Vulgaris
Since Acne Vulgaris is mostly caused by hormonal changes, there isn’t a lot you can do to control this. However, a range of lifestyle changes can compliment your treatment and skincare regime, to help keep the symptoms of acne vulgaris at bay.
- Wear sun protection: acne skin treatments and medication can increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun, increasing the risk of sunburn and inflammation
- Avoid touching or picking at acne lesions: picking at acne increases the risk of scarring.
- Avoid foods that may cause flare-ups: dairy and foods with a high-glycemic index.
Treat Your Acne Vulgaris at sk:n
Book a consultation to see a trained acne specialist at your nearest sk:n clinic for £25 and have your skin thoroughly assessed. You will receive an individual treatment plan and advice on a skincare routine that will help keep your Acne Vulgaris at bay.
Please note, if you are under 18 and would like to book a consultation for Acne Vulgaris treatment, you must have your consultation with a Nurse and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. However, you can go on to have treatment without them in attendance. You may need to also have a consultation with a Dermatologist depending on the severity of your acne.
At sk:n, we’re proud to have leading dermatologists treating Acne Vulgaris in our clinics across the UK, as well as a team of acne specialists who understand the medical causes behind Acne Vulgaris and the emotional impact on those who suffer from this condition.
Here at sk:n we have a range of treatments designed to help you get the skin you want.
Book your Acne Vulgaris consultation today and start your journey to clearer skin.
Arrange a Consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer any questions you may have and help you on your sk:n journey.
- Qualified medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated Excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Due to Covid-19 we have additional health and safety measures put in place to protect our teams there may be a delay in getting back to you