Doctor Jinah Yoo is a Consultant Dermatologist. Her work within skin lymphoma and melasma research has received numerous prizes.
Dr Yoo is currently a Consultant Dermatologist at University Hospitals Birmingham, following completion of her dermatology training in 2017. Previous to this, she was a Specialist Registrar in Dermatology. Her interest in evidence-based practice led her to complete 2 Master’s Degree Awards in Immunology and Skin Ageing, and Aesthetic Medicine at the University of Manchester.
She has a special interest in skin hyperpigmentation (melasma, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) and has previously attended numerous observerships at world-leading pigment clinics; at the University of Texas Southwestern (USA) and National Skin Centre, Singapore. She is currently setting up hyperpigmentation service at University Hospitals Birmingham, which will give access to clinical trials in melasma patients, allowing evidence-based practice and provision of treatments currently not available through the NHS.
Dr Yoo is actively involved in clinical research and teaching and act as a Research Supervisor for dermatology trainees in the West Midlands region. Her dermatology research work has been presented at more than 25 international and national conferences and received numerous prizes and grants for skin lymphoma and melasma research.
Dr Yoo regularly attends international conferences to continuously improve her practice and adapt to skills from other countries , often in Asia and USA.
- MRCP (UK)
- PG Diploma (clinical dermatology)
- MSc (Immunology and immunogenetics)
- MSc Distinction (Skin ageing and aesthetic medicine)
- 2017-Current Consultant Dermatologist, University Hospitals Birmingham
- 2016-2017 Specialist Registrar, Dermatology, Solihull Hospital
- 2015-2016 Specialist Registrar, Dermatology, Corbett Hospital
- 2014-2015 Specialist Registrar, Dermatology, University Hospitals Birmingham
Clinical Interests & Specialities
Arrange a Consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer your questions, and get you started on your journey to better skin.
- Qualified and regulated medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated Excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety measures in place