Medik8 Professional skin peels
- Delivered by experiencedpractitioners
- Performed in a safe, medical environment
- Tailored to your skin’s individual needs
- Flexible appointments including on weekends
What is a chemical peel?
Medik8 chemical peels are professional-grade exfoliating acids that help resurface and re-texture the skin. They use a powerful blend of ingredients to penetrate the top layers of the skin and visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, blemishes, dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
How do Medik8 chemical peels work?
Medik8 professional peels kick-start skin renewal and regeneration, by encouraging exfoliation of dead skin cells and stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.
How to prepare for Medik8 peels
To get the best results from your Medik8 chemical peels, a ‘prep’ routine is required prior to starting treatment. Medik8’s philosophy is based on a simple CSA routine, Vitamin C and SPF in the morning and Vitamin A at night, clinically proven to increase cell renewal and help the healing process. During your consultation, your practitioner will determine your skin type based on the Fitzpatrick scale, recommend your products, and advise how long you need to prep for – normally 2-6 weeks.
What happens during treatment?
After your consultation and skin “prep”, you can start treatment. The peel is applied to your skin and left to work. You’ll then receive a complimentary Medik8 Ultimate Recovery Bio-Cellulose Mask to nourish and soothe your skin, and give a hydration boost at home.
For best results, we also recommend an aftercare regimen. Talk to your sk:n practitioner about the best products for you.
Our range of Medik8 chemical peels
★ Medik8 Clarity: for blemish concerns or congested skin
★ Medik8 Even: for pigmentation or hyperpigmentation
★ Medik8 Eye Reveal: for skin around the eyes. NEW to sk:n clinics
★ Medik8 Rewind: for ageing skin, wrinkles and acne scarring
★ Medik8 Sensitive: for sensitive skin, redness or rosacea
★ Medik8 Universal: perfect for those new to skin peels. Visibly brightens, smooths and decongests skin
★ Medik8 Signature: your practitioner will create a bespoke treatment plan tailored to your skin’s needs
Why choose Medik8
Medik8 is all about results-driven, clinically-proven, sustainable skincare. Not only that, every single product is 100% vegan-friendly and cruelty-free too.
Medik8 chemical peel before and after
Medik8 Even – 6 peels
Discover better skin with a Medik8 professional peel programme.
We also offer Medik8 Signature, a mix and range enabling us to tailor your treatment programme to your skin’s needs, priced at £240 for a course of 3.
Prices for a course of 6 Medik8 skin peels start from £50 per treatment.
For best results and a tailored treatment plan for you, book a free consultation* with our handy online booking service. Your sk:n practitioner will discuss the best Medik8 peel programme for you.
We offer Medik8 chemical peels in all of our clinics including:
*Consultations require a £25 refundable deposit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my skin type?
The Fitzpatrick scale is widely used at sk:n to determine which type of treatment is best for you, based on your skin type.
- Skin Type 1 – Light, pale white tone. Always burns and never tans.
- Skin Type 2 – White, fair tone. Usually burns, tans with difficulty.
- Skin Type 3 – Medium, white to olive tone. Sometimes burns mildly, gradually tans to olive.
- Skin Type 4 – Olive, moderate to brown tone. Rarely burns, tans with ease to a moderate brown.
- Skin Type 5 – Brown, dark brown tone. Very rarely burns, tans very easily.
- Skin Type 6 – Black, very dark brown to black tone. Never burns, tans very easily, deeply pigmented.
Are chemical peels right for me?
Chemical peels are right for almost anyone. The Medik8 range includes a variety of facial peels for all skin types – from sensitive skin treatments, to more powerful acid blends that target stubborn skin concerns. Following your skin assessment, your practitioner will recommend the best chemical peel for your skin type.
How long do I need to prep for before my chemical peel?
Depending on your skin type, you will need to prepare using your recommended Medik8 products between 2 and 6 weeks.
- Skin type 1-3: prep time 2 weeks
- Skin type 4-6: prep time 4-6 weeks
Where do I buy my prep products from?
You can purchase your Medik8 prep products in-clinic, after your consultation.
Where do I buy my aftercare products from?
Medik8 aftercare products are available to buy in-clinic.
Can Medik8 facial peels be used with other treatments?
Yes – you can have Medik8 chemical peels in conjunction with many other treatments. If you are already having other treatments, let your sk:n specialist know during your consultation – they will advise the best course of action.
Can chemical peels make skin worse?
Chemical peels aim to improve the skin, however, there are strict instructions to follow to get the best results. Your practitioner will let you know what to avoid in order to protect your skin and see the desired outcomes.
How often can I have a chemical peel?
The recommended time between each Medik8 chemical peel is 2 weeks. Thanks to the science behind Medik8’s CSA philosophy, your recommended product regimen will help to accelerate your skin healing process, so you can get the results you want as soon as possible.
Will a chemical peel remove beauty marks?
The Medik8 chemical peels available at sk:n will not remove a beauty mark. There are chemical peel solutions specifically formulated for this purpose.
Click here to find out how to get rid of beauty marks.
Can you have a chemical peel after microneedling?
Yes, provided your skin has had enough time to fully heal. Tell your practitioner if you’ve just had microneedling, and they will advise when/if you can return for a chemical peel.
Do chemical peels make pores smaller?
The size of your pores is a genetic feature, meaning it cannot be altered. However, some Medik8 chemical peels can decongest the skin and clear up the pores, making them appear visibly smaller.
Are chemical peels good for hyperpigmentation?
Yes, in fact, hyperpigmentation is one of the most widespread skin concerns that requires chemical peels. Medik8 Even is a brightening peel targeting sun damage, hyperpigmentation and dull, uneven skin. For best results, book a course of 6 peels.
How long does a peel take?
Your Medik8 chemical peel will take 25 minutes.
Can I just have 1 peel to improve my skin?
It is possible to just have a single peel, but we recommend a course of 6 to really see the long-term skin benefits. While occasional peels will make a difference to your skin, an on-going commitment of having a course of 6 chemical peels will really deliver noticeable results.
Arrange a Consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer any questions you may have and help you on your sk:n journey.
- Qualified medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated Excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Due to Covid-19 we have additional health and safety measures put in place to protect our teams there may be a delay in getting back to you
Terms and Conditions
- Medik8 peels – save 20% on courses of treatment
- 20% discount applicable to Medik8 skin peel treatment courses only
- Courses of 3 or 6.
- Medik8 Clarity, Medik8 Even, Medik8 Eye Reveal, Medik8 Rewind, Medik8 Sensitive, Medik8 Universal.
- Medik8 skin signature excluded from offer.
- Single treatments excluded from offer.
- 20% discount applicable to new skin peels customers.
- Single treatments excluded from offer.
- This offer is non-transferable and cannot be substituted by the client for any other products, cash alternative or other treatment.
- Booking for a consultation must be made by an adult over 18.
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Consultation fees may apply.
- Promotional period runs 1st – 31st May 2021.