Dr Patalay trained in the UK and has more than 10 years of experience treating skin disease in the NHS. Dr Patalay currently works as a full time Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatology Surgeon at St Thomas’ Hospital.
His expertise at this national centre of excellence is performing skin surgery and using lasers with specialist experience managing conditions like acne, acne scarring, rosacea, birthmarks, moles and skin cancers. He is also experienced in all aspects of cosmetic treatments.
He is clinical lead for an international teaching diploma and regularly teaches GPs, junior doctors in the UK and abroad. He is an advisor to the UK dermatology clinical trials network, published in numerous scientific and clinical journals, contributed to book chapters and is invited to speak nationally and internationally.
He is committed to provide individualised, unbiased advice to patients, supporting them to choose the right treatment & to deliver at an exceptionally high standard.
- 2015 – present – Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatology Surgeon. Guy’s & St Thomas Hospital, London.
- 2014 – 2015 – Consultant Dermatologist (locum). Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London.
- 2014 – Internship Biophotonics and Laser Dermatology. Beckman Laser Institute, CA. USA.
- 2012 – 2013 – Mohs Surgical Fellowship. Guys & St Thomas Hospital, London.
- 2009 – 2012 – PhD Biophotonics – Skin Cancer Imaging. Imperial College London.
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Association of Dermatology
- British Society of Dermatology Surgery
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- General Dermatology
- Skin Cancer – diagnosis and management, mole checks, sun damage
- Skin Surgery – all minor procedures for benign lesions and moles
- Acne & Acne Scarring
- Hyperhidrosis – Botox®
- Laser Treatments