Consultant Plastic Surgeon
After qualifying from Guy’s Hospital London in 1992, Matthew underwent training in plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery throughout the UK before being appointed as a Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at the University Hospitals of Leicester in 2006.
In his NHS role he specialises in microvascular reconstruction of the breast and lower limb, correction of breast deformity and facial reconstruction.
The treatments that Matthew offers at skn Nottingham range from mole excision, blepharoplasty, laser treatment of vascular and pigmented lesions, laser resurfacing, BOTOX® and dermal filler to name a few.
Matthew provides a personal and professional consultation and treatment service in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
He is a consultant plastic surgeon at Leicester Royal Infirmary, who specialises in cosmetic surgery, laser treatments, BOTOX® and fillers
- BSc (Hons) – 1989
- MBBS – 1992
- FRCS(Eng) – 1997
- FRCS (Plast) – 2005
- July 2006 – Present – Consultant Plastic Surgery (Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester)
- Jun 2005 – Jun 2006 – Plastic Surgery Specialist Registrar (Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham)
- Dec 2004 – May 2005 – Hand Fellow (Pulveraft Hand Centre, Derby)
- Jun 2002 – Nov 2004 – Plastic Surgery Specialist Registrar (Sheffield Children’s Hospital and Northern General Hospital)
- Jun 2000 – May 2002 – Plastic Surgery Registrar (Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester)
- An evaluation of population screening for carriers of cystic fibrosis. MJ Smith. J Pub H Med 1992; 14: 257-63
- Treatment of keloids with excision and pulsed dye laser. (abstract) MJ Smith, AR Fitton, SW Lanigan, MSC Murison. J Dermatol Treat 1998; 9: 267
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Skin Lesions – mole removal, milia removal, wart and verruca removal, skin tags
- Tattoo Excision
- Lasers – FTV, LTV, Pigmented Lesions
- Laser Resurfacing with Erbium Yag
- Scar Revision
- EDS Derma Stamp (micro needling)