Request a video consultation by filling out the form below, then select video consultation under clinic, or call 0330 060 5168.
Our friendly and knowledgeable advisors will speak to you to arrange a suitable time and take payment for your consultation. We will then send a confirmation email with next steps.
We will send you a secure link via email to attend your virtual video consultation. You’ll then meet your nurse for your consultation. They will prescribe your course of treatment, book you in and answer any questions you may have.
Introducing online video consultations at sk:n
Start your journey to better skin with a specialist sk:n nurse from the comfort of your own home. Our online video consultation service means you don’t have to travel to your local sk:n clinic, and you can pick a time that suits you. If you choose to have a video consultation, you can be assured you will receive the same level of expertise and care as having a face-to-face consultation in your local sk:n clinic.
Online video consultations with a sk:n nurse for acne are charged at £25 (normally £50), which is fully redeemable against treatment.
All other consultations with a sk:n nurse require a £25 deposit, which is refundable if no purchase goes ahead.
Information & Terms For Online Video Consultations at sk:n
Please read the important information below before booking an appointment:
- As with all information transmitted across the internet, security is not 100% guaranteed. If you have any concerns, please request a face-to-face consultation and we will book you in when appropriate.
Video consultations are completely voluntary and you can change your consultation to a face-to-face appointment at any time.
- You will need to have access to a mobile, tablet, laptop or PC with a webcam built in or installed, plus Wifi, 4G or 5G. If using a laptop, you can either download the Zoom app or access via internet browser – this will work best on Google Chrome. If you are using a mobile or tablet, please download the zoom app prior to your consultation. We also recommend that adequate spyware and anti-virus software is installed and up-to-date on the device you choose for the video consultation. You must accept any risks associated with this.
- We will send you an email with details on how to access your video consultation before your allocated appointment time.
- Our online video consultation service will only be used for booked appointments and can not be used as an emergency contact.
- If for any reason your consultant or healthcare professional is unable to contact you at the allocated appointment time, you will be contacted by telephone on the number recorded on your record.
- Your consultant or healthcare professional will always deliver your consultation in a private space throughout, so that your privacy and confidentiality are respected. We also recommend that you ensure you are in a private location before attending the appointment.
- No part of the online video consultation will be physically recorded or otherwise permanently digitally stored. The medical outcomes of the consultation will be recorded and stored as a permanent part of your client record held by sk:n Clinics. This happens in the same way as for face to face or telephone consultations. Some personal information is stored locally on the computer being used and you need to be aware of this particularly if you will be using a public or shared computer. If your consultation takes place on a mobile phone this is only as secure as any other phone call on that mobile data or Wifi network.
- You will be asked to provide verbal consent to confirm that you understand how the video consultation will be used and your responsibility in managing your own account before conducting any consultations.
- You will be asked to confirm your identity to ensure the healthcare professional is certain they are speaking to the correct person and the information you give is truthful and honest.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a video consultation?
You will have a consultation via video. This enables you to have access to our experts from the comfort of your own home, without the need to travel to our clinics. We have partnered with NHS-approved healthcare platform Doctify to ensure your consultation is secure and safe.
How long is my video consultation?
Our video consultations can last up to 45 minutes. Our sk:n specialists, nurses or doctors will go through in detail the treatment you are interested in, your goals, concerns or requirements, plus any other questions you may have.
What happens in my video consultation?
A nurse or specialist from sk:n will talk to you about your concerns, goals or requirements in detail. They will also go through your medical history, your treatment programme and your journey at sk:n, so you understand the next steps and what we offer. At sk:n we’re here for you every step of the way.
How do I join my video consultation?
Our team will send you an email to confirm your appointment, with a secure link to an online video consultation. Please ensure you have the link for the scheduled date.
You can use a mobile, tablet or computer for your consultation. If you are joining from a mobile or tablet, please download the Zoom app prior to your appointment. If using a laptop or PC, we recommend that you use the browser Google Chrome for your consultation.
How do I pay for my video consultation?
Once you have submitted the form or called us on 0330 060 5168, one of our experienced, friendly advisers will contact you and go through the process. If you wish to proceed with the consultation we will book an appointment with the nurse or doctor and then take payment over the phone.
Arrange a Consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer your questions, and get you started on your journey to better skin.
- Qualified and regulated medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated Excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety measures in place
Video consultations and what information will be stored
Your information – undergoing treatment with sk:n
When you visit (or attend a video consultation) with sk:n, the information you supply us with will be held in the strictest of confidence – just like when you speak with your GP. We are bound by our regulators to keep detailed medical files that record every interaction you have with us as a client, and so there are certain limitations to freedoms under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) that apply to the information you supply us with: specifically in relation to the right to erasure, and withdrawing consent to process data.
Whilst you are undergoing treatment, and for a set period after you are discharged, relevant clinical information (including medical photographs and records, test results and contact information) will be retained on file – processed legally under GDPR Article 9 exemption 2(h) “Processing is necessary for…medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or management…”
This is the same exemption your GP and other medical professional organisations rely on and does not require your consent.
Please be aware that “treatment” includes all consultations – including video consultations – (even if no course of treatment is advised upon or taken up) and any action undertaken where the desired outcome from the application is to improve the overall health of the skin or the health and well-being of the client through improvement of an identified condition or disease.
If you proceed with a course of treatment, photographs will be taken as part of your clinical record. These will be stored and used in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
Where the treatment rendered is neither covered by a healthcare regulating body, or undertaken with the above healthcare proviso, medical records will still be maintained in-line with good practice guidelines, and retained only as long as our insurers request. They will be stored with the same level of sensitivity as other clinical files.
If you need to know more about how we handle your information, you can visit our Privacy Statement on our website, or a member of the team will be happy to provide you with details for our Information Governance Team. Our “How we use your information” poster is also available for your reference in our client information folder – during the lockdown period we can send you a copy of this electronically if you would prefer.