What are Skin Peels?
They harness the power of naturally occurring acids and active ingredients to deeply exfoliate and brighten the skin. The treatment stimulates new cell growth and collagen production, helping to reveal fresher, clearer, brighter skin.
At sk:n, we offer a variety of industry-leading skin peels, including our new Medik8 range, that removes the top layer of dead skin cells and encourages new ones to grow, revealing the softer, smoother skin beneath.
How do skin peels and chemical peels work?
Peels are designed to exfoliate your skin and encourage it to renew itself by creating fresh new skin cells. They also stimulate the skin’s natural collagen production to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Skin peel treatments use acids and enzymes to exfoliate away layers of the skin to reveal fresher, clearer, more youthful looking skin beneath the surface.
The powerful blend of ingredients in skin peels work to reduce the appearance of open pores, remove dead skin cells, target blemishes, acne and pigmentation, and visibly smooth fine lines and wrinkles. The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin conditions such as fine line and wrinkles, acne, hyper-pigmentation and sun damage – the results can be life-transforming.
What results should I expect from a Skin Peel?
- Rejuvenated, brighter skin
- Dull skin revived
- Removal of dead skin cells
- Even skin texture and tone
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoother, softer skin
- Eliminated pigmentation and reduced effects of sun damage
- Reduction of inflammation and breakouts caused by acne
- Hydrated and nourished skin
- Stimulated collagen production for plump and youthful looking skin
To achieve maximum results, our skin experts will recommend a course of skin peels depending on your skin type, tone and condition.
Book a free consultation today.
Book a free consultation today.
The prices shown are an indication. Prices may vary depending on your treatment plan. Book a consultation to discuss a tailored programme that’s right for you and get 3 for 2 on our summer peels* when you book a course of treatment.
We offer skin peels in all of our clinics including:-
*Offers valid only on our summer peels: glycolic, mandelic, Medik8 Sensitive PHA and Medik8 Universal AHA peels. Minimum of 3 must be purchased.
|Treatment||Single Treatment From||Course of 3 Price per Treatment From|
|Medik8 Eye Reveal Peel||£59.00||
|Medik8 Clarity Peel||£89.00||
|Medik8 Even Peel||£89.00||
|Medik8 Rewind Peel||£89.00||
|Medik8 Sensitive PHA Peel||£89.00||
|Medik8 Universal AHA Peel||£89.00||
Arrange a Consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer any questions you may have and help you on your sk:n journey.
- Qualified medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated Excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Due to Covid-19 we have additional health and safety measures put in place to protect our teams there may be a delay in getting back to you
What’s a skin peel?
At sk:n, we use an advanced range of skin peels including Medik8, and Enerpeel which contains a patented carrier-solution, that drives greater absorption of the active ingredients into the skin. This deep-acting technology reduces trauma to the skin’s surface and increases the rate of exfoliation for improved results. Each peel produces a varying level of chemical exfoliation to treat different conditions, classified as light, medium or deep.
Is a Skin Peel right for me?
Skin peels can be used to treat a whole range of skin concerns, including wrinkles, fine lines, acne and acne scarring, age spots, enlarged pores, dark areas and sun-damaged skin. Skin peels are ideal if you are looking to quite literally give your skin a fresh start. Book a consultation with one of our trained experts to discuss which skin peel is best for you.
Where on my body can I have a skin peel?
Our range of skin peels can be used for the face and almost any other area of the body. We offer specific peels for the eye area, face, hands, neck and décolletage.
Are Skin Peels Safe?
Yes, our skin peels are completely safe and undergo stringent testing on all skin types and tones: first by the manufacturers; then by our Medical Standards Team; and finally during the training of our practitioners. During treatment your eyes and hair will be protected.
Do Skin Peels Hurt?
You may experience a slight tingling sensation as the peel works during your treatment, but this is completely normal.
How Will I Feel During Skin Peel Treatment?
A non-toxic chemical solution is applied to the skin surface and absorbed, before releasing the active acid component, which then works from within the skin. This treatment can be used without any problems on the delicate areas around the lips and eyes. Some peels can lead to light swelling of the affected area or peeling of the skin for a few days after the procedure. A trained expert can give you the advice you need on the right type of peel for you, tailoring a treatment plan for you, to achieve optimum results.
What Happens After A Skin Peel?
After starting your skin preparation* routine then having your first treatment, you will notice improvements. Your skin will feel softer and look subtly younger. On-going regular treatments will ensure you get the best results. At sk:n we pride ourselves in delivering the best care, but also having a supportive aftercare regime tailored to each individual.
What Is My Skin Type?
Below is the criteria for the Fitzpatrick Skin Type scale, which we use at sk:n to determine which type of treatment is best for you.Skin Type 1 – Light, pale white tone. Always burns and never tans.Skin Type 2 – White, fair tone. Usually burns, tans with difficulty.Skin Type 3 – Medium, white to olive tone. Sometimes mild burn, gradually tans to olive.Skin Type 4 – Olive, moderate to brown tone. Rarely burns, tans with ease to a moderate brown.Skin Type 5 – Brown, dark brown tone. Very rarely burns, tans very easily.Skin Type 6 – Black, very dark brown to black tone. Never burns, tans very easily, deeply pigmented.
Terms and Conditions
- Skin peels – get 3 for 2 when you buy a course of summer peels
- 3 for 2 applicable to summer peels treatment courses only.
- Single treatments excluded from offer.
- Summer peels included in offer: glycolic peel, mandelic peel, Medik8 Sensitive PHA peel and Medik8 Universal AHA peel.
- All other peels excluded from offer.
- Peels cannot be mixed and matched.
- Offer available to new and existing clients.
- To start Medik8 peel treatment, clients must prep with Medik8 products for 1-6 weeks, depending on skin type. This will be discussed in the consultation.
- A test patch may be required.
- This offer is non-transferable and cannot be substituted by the client for any other products, cash alternative or other treatment.
- Booking for a consultation must be made by an adult over 18.
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Consultation fees may apply.
- Promotional period runs 1st – 31st July 2021