sk:n Facial Exfoliating Cleanser for normal skin is a gentle creamy cleanser, containing glycolic acid and glycerin to remove dead skin cells, clear pores, moisturise and rejuvenate the skin.
Number of items
Added to your basket.
Aqua, Petrolatum, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycolic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Canola Oil, Parfum, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, BHT, Limonene, Citronellol, Hydroxycitonellal, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid
- How to use
Best used in the evening by massaging a small amount into the face, then rinsing with water. Care needs to be taken to avoid the eyes. If there is contact with the eye rinse immediately with water. Given the exfoliating nature of glycolic acid it is possible that a temporary tingling sensation is experienced upon application. Not to be used on inflamed, irritated skin, particularly after sun exposure
Exfoliation is the technique of removing the top layer of mostly dead, epidermal cells on the outer surface of the skin to expose fresher brighter skin. The benefits of exfoliation include:
- Giving a fresher, brighter look to the skin by removing dead skin cells
- Refining thicker skin
- Softening lines and wrinkles
- Lightening some dark marks
Key features and benefits of sk:n Facial Exfoliating Cleanser for normal skin:
- Gently exfoliates the top, dead layer of the skin
- Reveals softer smoother skin
- Skin is left clean and comfortable and in perfect condition to maximise the effects of other skincare products
Key active ingredients
- Glycolic acid — a gentle chemical exfoliant derived from sugar cane that removes dead skin cells to clear pores and improve the skin
- Glycerin - a natural moisturiser
Clinical studies on the effectiveness of AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) of which glycolic acid is one, have shown:
- They accelerate the body’s natural exfoliation process
- Stimulate the production of collagen
This is especially important for oily and acne prone skin as AHAs help eliminate trapped oil and dirt that creates acne.