Suffering from spots, outbreaks and oily blemish-prone skin is common. Acne is a disease of the skin and can cause the sufferer great distress, trauma and anxiety. Under the effects of hormones called androgens, the sebaceous glands increase in volume and secrete more sebum (oil). In addition, cell turnover increases resulting in thicker skin and blocked pores. The oil that normally lubricates the skin gets trapped in blocked oil ducts. This results in pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, papules and pustules on the surface of the skin and deeper skin lesions called cysts.
Features and Benefits:
- Soothes and hydrates the skin as part of an anti-blemish skincare routine
- Provides 24-hour hydration and protection for the skin without causing congestion
- Anti-inflammatory properties to help calm and soothe the skin and reduce redness
- Anti-bacterial lotion that provides relief to dehydrated, tight skin
- Soothes the skin and improves its texture