Over 20 years of
experience treating acne
0% Finance available, with consultation from £25
Safe, clinical environment with strict medical protocols
including evenings and weekends
Discover brighter, clearer, smoother skin with Medik8 universal peels. Buy a course of 6 and you’ll get a Medik8 essentials CSA kit, worth £99, free!
For the best results, combine Medik8 products and a course of Medik8 peels to really see the difference.
Medik8’s philosophy is based on a simple CSA routine to prepare for your peel treatment; Vitamin C and SPF in the morning and Vitamin A at night, clinically proven to increase cell renewal and help the healing process.
During your consultation, your practitioner will determine your skin type based on the Fitzpatrick scale, recommend your products, and advise how long you need to prep for.
What are skin peels and how do they work?
Peels are designed to exfoliate your skin and encourage it to renew itself by creating fresh new skin cells. They also stimulate the skin’s natural collagen production to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Skin peel treatments use acids and enzymes to exfoliate away layers of the skin to reveal fresher, clearer, smoother, more youthful looking skin beneath the surface.
The powerful blend of ingredients in skin peels work to reduce the appearance of open pores, remove dead skin cells, target blemishes, acne and pigmentation, and visibly smooth fine lines and wrinkles. The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin conditions such as fine line and wrinkles, acne, hyper-pigmentation and sun damage – the results can be life-transforming.
What results should I expect from a skin peel?
- Rejuvenated, brighter skin
- Dull skin revived
- Removal of dead skin cells
- Even skin texture and tone
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoother, softer skin
- Eliminated pigmentation and reduced effects of sun damage
- Reduction of inflammation and breakouts caused by acne
- Hydrated and nourished skin
- Stimulated collagen production for plump and youthful looking skin
To achieve maximum results, our skin experts will recommend a course of skin peels depending on your skin type, tone and condition.
Medik8 chemical peel before and after
Book a free consultation today.
The prices shown are an indication. Prices may vary depending on your treatment plan. Book a consultation to discuss a tailored programme that’s right for you and get a free Medik8 essentials CSA kit worth £99 when you buy 6 Medik8 universal peels.
We offer skin peels in all of our clinics including:
Find a clinic near you
*Offers valid only on Medik8 universal peels. A minimum of 6 must be purchased at one time.
|Treatment||Single Treatment From||Course of 6 Price per Treatment From|
|Medik8 Universal AHA Peel||£89.00||
Arrange a Consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer any questions you may have and help you on your sk:n journey.
- Qualified medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated Excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Due to Covid-19 we have additional health and safety measures put in place to protect our teams there may be a delay in getting back to you
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my skin type?
The Fitzpatrick scale is widely used at sk:n to determine which type of treatment is best for you, based on your skin type.
- Skin Type 1 – Light, pale white tone. Always burns and never tans.
- Skin Type 2 – White, fair tone. Usually burns, tans with difficulty.
- Skin Type 3 – Medium, white to olive tone. Sometimes burns mildly, gradually tans to olive.
- Skin Type 4 – Olive, moderate to brown tone. Rarely burns, tans with ease to a moderate brown.
- Skin Type 5 – Brown, dark brown tone. Very rarely burns, tans very easily.
- Skin Type 6 – Black, very dark brown to black tone. Never burns, tans very easily, deeply pigmented.
Are chemical peels right for me?
Chemical peels are right for almost anyone. The Medik8 range includes a variety of facial peels for all skin types – from sensitive skin treatments, to more powerful acid blends that target stubborn skin concerns. Following your skin assessment, your practitioner will recommend the best chemical peel for your skin type.
How long do I need to prep for before my chemical peel?
Depending on your skin type, you will need to prepare using your recommended Medik8 products between 2 and 6 weeks.
- Skin type 1-3: prep time 2 weeks
- Skin type 4-6: prep time 4-6 weeks
Where do I buy my prep products from?
You can purchase your Medik8 prep products in-clinic, after your consultation.
Where do I buy my aftercare products from?
Medik8 aftercare products are available to buy in-clinic.
Can Medik8 facial peels be used with other treatments?
Yes – you can have Medik8 chemical peels in conjunction with many other treatments. If you are already having other treatments, let your sk:n specialist know during your consultation – they will advise the best course of action.
Can chemical peels make skin worse?
Chemical peels aim to improve the skin, however, there are strict instructions to follow to get the best results. Your practitioner will let you know what to avoid in order to protect your skin and see the desired outcomes.
How often can I have a chemical peel?
The recommended time between each Medik8 chemical peel is 2 weeks. Thanks to the science behind Medik8’s CSA philosophy, your recommended product regimen will help to accelerate your skin healing process, so you can get the results you want as soon as possible.
Will a chemical peel remove beauty marks?
The Medik8 chemical peels available at sk:n will not remove a beauty mark. There are chemical peel solutions specifically formulated for this purpose.
Click here to find out how to get rid of beauty marks.
Can you have a chemical peel after microneedling?
Yes, provided your skin has had enough time to fully heal. Tell your practitioner if you’ve just had microneedling, and they will advise when/if you can return for a chemical peel.
Do chemical peels make pores smaller?
The size of your pores is a genetic feature, meaning it cannot be altered. However, some Medik8 chemical peels can decongest the skin and clear up the pores, making them appear visibly smaller.
Are chemical peels good for hyperpigmentation?
Yes, in fact, hyperpigmentation is one of the most widespread skin concerns that requires chemical peels. Medik8 Even is a brightening peel targeting sun damage, hyperpigmentation and dull, uneven skin. For best results, book a course of 6 peels.
How long does a peel take?
Your Medik8 chemical peel will take 25 minutes.
Can I just have 1 peel to improve my skin?
It is possible to just have a single peel, but we recommend a course of 6 to really see the long-term skin benefits. While occasional peels will make a difference to your skin, an on-going commitment of having a course of 6 chemical peels will really deliver noticeable results.
Terms and Conditions
- Skin peels – get a free Medik8 essentials CSA kit worth £99 when you buy 6 Medik8 universal peels
- Offer applicable to Medik8 universal treatment courses of 6 only. Buy a course of 6 Medik8 universal peels and you’ll get your prep products, worth £99, free.
- Single treatments excluded from offer
- Peels cannot be mixed and matched
- The prep products in this offer are in the Medik8 essentials CSA kit, to prepare the skin before treatment. This usually between 2-6 weeks, before treatment, depending on skin type. This will be discussed in the consultation.
- Free Medik8 essentials CSA kit worth £99 includes a surface radiance cleanse, daily radiance vitamin C moisturiser, night ritual vitamin A cream.
- Offer available to new and existing clients
- A test patch may be required
- This offer is non-transferable and cannot be substituted by the client for any other products, cash alternative or other treatment.
- Booking for a consultation must be made by an adult over 18.
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Consultation fees may apply.
- Additional 5% discount offered in conjunction with sk:n x Medik8 Instagram live promotion, valid when purchasing a course of 6 Medik8 Universal AHA or Sensitive peels. Valid from 2nd- 16th September.
- Promotional period runs 1st – 30th September 2021