What products should I use to treat acne at home?
As the experts in skin, we want to make sure that not only does your treatment plan give you the best results, but you can carry on caring for your skin at home after treatment with a tailored skincare plan.
Your new skincare programme will ensure you see the best possible results from your professional treatments in clinic.
Everyone’s skin is different and will require different products, especially if you have acne, but you can apply some simple general rules to choosing your skincare routine every day, all year round. Always include a hydrating product like hyaluronic acid or B5, an antioxidant like vitamin C to protect against free radicals, a vitamin A (i.e. retinol or retinoids) which is anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing, and a daily SPF for protection against UVA, UVB and HEV (or blue light).
Your simple AM PM routine guide
Our skincare recommendations for acne
For oily skin
- sk:n Vitamin Rich Cleanser for oily skin – suitable for oily or blemish-prone skin, this AHA and BHA formulation gently exfoliates to dissolve excess oil
- Medik8 Natural Clay Mask – this clarifying mask detoxes the skin and eliminates impurities thanks to bentonite and kaolin clay, leaving a clear, radiant complexion.
Ideal for those looking for an introduction to acids and vitamin A, or for young skin
- sk:n Vitamin Rich Oily Cleanser for all skin types – this gentle cream formulation removes make-up, impurities and deeply cleanses, and the inclusion of vitamin A increases cell turnover, preventing pores from clogging.
- sk:n Blemish Control Serum – an instant treatment for developing spots, the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties means it’s ideal for use in the AM on break outs or congested areas, and reduces oil production.
- Heliocare 360 Gel Oil Free SPF50 – A light matte SPF gel that melts into the skin. Great for all skin types, especially oily, combination or spot prone skin.
Brilliant for persistent acne and dehydrated skin
- Synchroline Aknicare cream – ideal for acne-prone seborrhoeic skin.
Great for chest and back acne
- Medik8 Blemish Control Pads
Ideal for redness and sensitivity
- SkinCeuticals Phyto-Corrective Serum – a calming, hydrating serum that reduces irritation and itching. Suitable for all skin types, it can be used AM and PM after antioxidants but before creams and SPF
Great for mature skin
- SkinCeuticals Blemish+Age Defense Serum – oil-free formulation for reducing the formation of adult acne, and improving the signs of ageing
- SkinCeuticals Silymarin CF Antioxidant Serum – a vitamin C serum for oily and blemish-prone skin, which also refines texture, fine lines and skin clarity
For enlarged pores and congested skin
- Medik8 Crystal Retinal 3 – ideal for blemish-prone clients who are new to vitamin A, this prevents and corrects signs of ageing. Use in the PM
- SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.5 – ideal for ageing, pigmented or textured skin, it accelerates epidermal skin cell turnover, increases collagen production and smoothes skin. Use at night.
For the perfect skincare programme for your acne, speak to your expert at sk:n
Arrange your consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will call you to book your consultation.
- More than 450 consultants, doctors, nurses and medical practitioners
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission, Health Inspectorate Wales and Health Improvement Scotland
- Partner of the NHS
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety and care protocols