Mr Blackburn was awarded a degree in medicine with honours in 1998 from King’s College, University of London with 2 distinctions and several prizes including the Cheyne-Edwards Prize in surgery. He then trained in London, Liverpool and Manchester. He passed the speciality exit examination in Maxillo- Facial Surgery in 2006 and was awarded the BAOMS Intercollegiate Medal for the highest marks achieved in the year’s two examination sittings. He has worked with skn clinic since 2006 and been medical director of the Manchester skn clinic since 2007.
He offers consultations for the facial / neck areas for cosmetic injectables (including advanced techniques), facial / neck laser treatments, skin moles, milia, scar revision and facial cosmetic surgery. He is a UK board-certified specialist in facial surgery listed on the specialist register with the General Medical Council UK and listed on the Register of Cosmetic Surgeons with the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
He also works as a Consultant surgeon in Manchester Royal Infirmary with special interest in facial reconstructive surgery (since 2008) and has now performed many thousands of operations in facial cosmetic/reconstructive surgery. He has 25 publications and has presented/lectured internationally with 41 podium presentations. He is a speciality trainer for NHS Education Northwest and an examiner for the Joint Intercollegiate Examination board for the 4 Royal Colleges of Surgeons in UK and Ireland.
He has completed regular international direct observerships (in Chicago, New York, Toronto, Paris, London, Germany, Milan, Glasgow, Austria) and continues (as an active philosophy) to seek to maintain and improve professional knowledge / development – with visits to international experts.
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons
- International Academy of Oral Facial Rehabilitation
- British Association of Oral Maxillo- Facial Surgeons
- British Society of Rhinoplasty Surgeons
- European Association of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgeons
- Facial Palsy UK (medical advisory committee)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- FRCS(Clin. Surg. in Gen.)Ed,
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- Facial / neck non-surgical injection treatments including Botox® (botulinum toxin), filler injections, excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Facial / neck laser treatments – resurfacing, wrinkle reduction, mole removal, facial thread veins, pigmented lesions, spider naevi, rosacea
- Facial / neck blemishes, skin tags, milia removal
- Facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
Arrange your consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will call you to book your consultation.
- More than 450 consultants, doctors, nurses and medical practitioners
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission, Health Inspectorate Wales and Health Improvement Scotland
- Partner of the NHS
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety and care protocols