Sue Ann Chan
Dr Chan qualified in July 2010 from the University of Aberdeen with the Lockhart Bequest Prize and subsequently obtained her Membership of Royal Colleges of Physicians (MRCP,UK) in 2012.
Dr Chan completed her Higher Specialist Training in Dermatology in the West Midlands as a Specialist Registrar looking after adults and children with skin conditions; and obtained her Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in 2018. Dr Chan is currently a substantive Consultant Dermatologist at the King’s College Hospital NHS Trust based at Beckenham Beacon and the Princess Royal University Hospitals.
During her training, she has developed a keen interest in Skin Oncology and is a team member of the Skin Cancer Cochrane Reviews on Diagnostic Tests Accuracy for Skin Cancers. In 2016, Dr Chan won the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) European Young Investigator Award for her research work in Skin Lymphoma. Other awards include BAD Best SpR Oral Presentation (Cutaneous Allergy Section 2017) and Midlands Dermatology Society Awards. Dr Chan is currently completing an MSc in Skin Ageing and Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Chan is approachable and is able to speak English, Cantonese, Malay and understand Indonesian languages.
- British Association of Dermatologists (BAD)
- European Association of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV)
- EADV Scholarship Alumni Club
- UKDCTN (Skin Surgery Group)
- MBChB (Aberdeen)
- MRCP (UK)(Derm CCT)
- dipDerm (Glasgow)
- Dermatology Specialist Registrar
- Solihull Hospital (2014)
- University Hospital Birmingham (2015)
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital (2015)
- Birmingham City Hospital (2016, 2018)
- Coventry University Hospital (2017)
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- General Dermatology
- Skin Cancer / Skin Oncology / Mole checks / Mole removals
- Paediatric Dermatology
- Procedural Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology