Sue Ann Chan
Dr Chan is a Consultant Dermatologist at the Birmingham Skin Centre, City Hospital Birmingham looking after adult and children with skin conditions. She obtained her Higher Specialist Training in Dermatology (CCT) in 2018 in the West Midlands and previously worked as a Consultant Dermatologist at King’s College Hospital NHS Trust.
She obtained her MBChB (Medical Deegree) from the University of Aberdeen with the Lockhart Bequest Prize and subsequently obtained her Membership of Royal Colleges of Physicians (MRCP,UK) in 2012.
During her training, she has developed a keen interest in Skin Oncology and is a team member of the Skin Cancer Cochrane Reviews on Diagnostic Tests Accuracy for Skin Cancers. In 2016, Dr Chan won the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) European Young Investigator Award for her research work in Skin Lymphoma. Other awards include BAD Best SpR Oral Presentation (Cutaneous Allergy Section 2017) and Midlands Dermatology Society Awards.
Dr Chan has a Masters in Science (MSc) in Aesthetic Medicine and Skin Ageing and obtained ‘Distinction’ for her thesis in ‘Skin Ageing in Ethnic Skin Types’. She is approachable and is able to speak English, Cantonese, Malay and understand Indonesian Language.
- British Association of Dermatologists (BAD)
- European Association of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV)
- EADV Scholarship Alumni Club
- UKDCTN (Skin Surgery Group)
- MBChB (Aberdeen)
- MRCP (UK)(Derm CCT)
- MSc (Aesthetic Medicine and Skin Ageing)
- dipDerm (Glasgow)
- Dermatology Specialist Registrar
- Solihull Hospital (2014)
- University Hospital Birmingham (2015)
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital (2015)
- Birmingham City Hospital (2016, 2018)
- Coventry University Hospital (2017)
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- General Dermatology
- Skin Cancer / Skin Oncology / Mole checks / Mole removals
- Paediatric Dermatology
- Procedural Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
Arrange your consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer your questions, and get you started on your journey to better skin.
- Qualified and regulated medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety measures in place