Consultant Vascular Surgeon
Simon Hobbs was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, before taking up a Consultant position in The Black Country Vascular Network working at the Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals and Russells Hall Hospital, Dudley.
Mr Hobbs has considerable experience in the management of varicose veins and thread veins. He has developed techniques to manage varicose veins using modern and advanced technology and is able to treat the vast majority of cases under local anaesthetic as a walk in / walk out procedure.
Mr Hobbs performs venous ultrasound scans in clinic to assess varicose veins in detail which allows treatment to be tailored to each individual.
In addition, Mr Hobbs is a trained General Surgeon and is experienced in the removal of skin and subcutaneous lesions (such as lipomas and sebaceous cysts).
- BMedSc – University of Birmingham (1995)
- MBChB – University of Birmingham (1998)
- MD – University of Birmingham (2005)
- FRCS – Intercollegiate Specialist Board (2008)
- 2010 – Current – Consultant Vascular & Endovascular Surgeon – Black Country Vascular Network, New Cross Hospital (Wolverhampton) and Russells Hall Hospital (Dudley)
- 2010 – Locum Consultant – The Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust
- 2005 – 2010 – Specialist Registrar (Vascular Surgery) – West Midlands Deanery
- 2002-2005 – Vascular Research Fellow – Heartlands Hospital, Birmingham
- Vascular Surgical Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- British Society of Endovascular Therapy
- Vascular Access Society of Britain and Ireland
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- Varicose Veins
- Cosmetic thread veins (microsclerotherapy)
- Skin and subcutaneous lesion removal
- Axillary hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)