Doctor Lanigan has over 160 scientific medical publications including 1 text book, ‘Lasers in Dermatology’ and 12 book chapters
Doctor Lanigan was Editor in Chief of Lasers in Medical Science for 8 years. He is on the Editorial Board of 3 leading laser journals.
Doctor Lanigan is an invited speaker and teacher nationally and internationally. He is an executive committee member of the British Medical Laser Association; and member/fellow of the British Association of Dermatologists; and European Society for Lasers in Dermatology. He acts as External Advisor for the Medical Devices Agency and National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE).
Honours include Bronze Award, National Clinical Excellence, 2004.
- MB, MCH – University of Wales, Cardiff 1978
- MD – University of Wales, Cardiff 1992
- 2001-2009 – Consultant Dermatologist – City Hospital, Birmingham.
- 1989-2001 – Consultant dermatologist – Bridgend and district nhs trust and Honorary clinical teacher – University of Wales, College of Medicine, Cardiff
- 1988-1989 – Research fellow, psoriasis research institute, Stanford University, California, USA
- 1986-1989 – Lecturer/honorary Senior Registrar – Department of Medicine Dermatology, University of Leeds
- British Medical Laser Association
- British Association of Dermatologists
- European Society for Lasers in Dermatology
- External Advisor for the Medical Devices Agency
- External Advisor for the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE)
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- Laser treatment of skin disease