Michael Mackay Odeke
Specialist Plastic surgeon and Laser surgeon
Mr Odeke is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon and Laser Surgeon. He graduated with an MBChB from Makerere University in 1974. He had his surgical training in Northern Ireland training scheme. After various jobs in Orthopaedics and Plastic surgery, he spent three years in Saudi Arabia helping to establish a regional Plastic surgery service.
He returned to England in 1989 and helped establish and develop the current NHS laser service now in University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire where he was the responsible clinician. As well as treating all age groups he taught registrars and other doctors Laser Core Knowledge and hands on use of the lasers in the unit (Lumenis UltraPulse CO2, Cutera Excel HR, Candela Nordlys, Laserscope Aura XP).
He has almost 30 years of lasers experience. He has always attended annual BMLA, 5CC, Laser Europe, Scars2020 and IMCAS Paris meetings, so he is up to date with knowledge of the laser world.
He is a Plastic surgeon of many years experience, who has done a lot of different surgical operations. As the speciality of Plastic surgery has evolved, he is now dedicated to skin surgery for all benign and cancer lesions.
- FRCS (Glasg)
- FRCS (Ireland)
- FRCS (Edinburgh)
- Specialist Plastic surgeon and Laser surgeon Coventry and Warwickshire regional service, moved from Manor Hospital to George Eliot Hospital to present location University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire 1989 to 31/03/2022
- Specialist Plastic surgeon Ministry of Health Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 1986 to 1989
- Registrar, Senior Registrar, Locum Consultant surgeon in Accident and Emergency, and Plastic surgery various Hospitals in England 1982 to 1986
- Rotating Surgical Trainee Northern Ireland Surgical training scheme 1977 to 1982. Initially SHO grade later Registrar. Worked in General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Cardiac surgery, Urology, Renal Transplant, Orthopaedic surgery and Plastic surgery
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- CO2 lasers:
Ablate: Scars, Rhinophyma, warts, skin tags, age warts; etc
Resurface: Wrinkle reduction, etc
- HR lasers: Pilonidal sinus disease, Hidradenitis Suppurativa Stage 1, Razor shaving bumps and unwanted hairs.
- Vascular lasers: Venous lakes, thread veins, radiotherapy thread veins after breast cancer treatment. Warts, leg thread veins
- Pigment reduction lasers: Medical tattoos
- IPL Devices: Skin Rejuvenation
- Non ablative lasers: scars
Skin surgery: All local anaesthetic surgery cases. I have an interest in modern medical management of scars. I will discuss this with the patient.
Chemical peels: TCA medium depth peels for the right patient
- Laser Europe
Arrange your consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will call you to book your consultation.
- More than 450 consultants, doctors, nurses and medical practitioners
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission, Health Inspectorate Wales and Health Improvement Scotland
- Partner of the NHS
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety and care protocols