Dr Mary Sommerlad is a Consultant Dermatologist working in East London. She sees children and adults in her substantive NHS post. She is devoted to creating holistic patient journeys. She obtained a First Class intercalated BSc in Immunology at UCL where she was awarded the British Society of Immunology Undergraduate Prize. She completed her MBBS at UCL graduating with a Merit in Clinical Practice. She undertook her specialist training in Dermatology within the prestigious Royal London and Royal Free rotation.
During her training, Dr Mary was awarded the Royal Society of Medicine monthly registrar prize in 2013 and 2014 and the Hugh Wallace Junior Registrar Prize 2012- 2013. She has presented at national and international meetings and has several publications in leading academic journals including the British Journal of Dermatology. She has written book chapters in two respected Dermatology textbooks.
Outside of clinic, Dr Mary is passionate about promoting patient and allied healthcare professional engagement and inclusivity. Dr Mary has given expert Dermatology advice on the BBC Series “Skin”, creating a GP Practice Nurse training programme and a series of patient education videos available on YouTube and she is a member of the British Association of Dermatologists BAME task force.
- BSc (intercal)
- MRCP (UK)(Dermatology)
- DCH (RCPCH)
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- Hyperpigmentation/ Melasma
- Skin rashes
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Mole checks
- Royal College Physicians
- British Association of Dermatologists
- Royal Society of Medicine
- European Association of Dermatology and Venerology
Arrange a Consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer any questions you may have and help you on your sk:n journey.
- Qualified medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated Excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Due to Covid-19 we have additional health and safety measures put in place to protect our teams there may be a delay in getting back to you