Leila Kattach is an Independent Nurse Prescriber / Injector based at our Shepherd’s Bush sk:n clinic. Leila has a huge amount of knowledge in the field of dermatology and injectables, with over 13 years’ experience.
Leila qualified as a nurse in 2006 with a BSc (Hons) in Adult Nursing. Her background is in orthopaedic trauma and elective surgery, day surgery, vascular, urology, ear, nose and throat, maxillofacial, gynaecology and plastic surgery. As well as working with clients at sk:n to achieve skin health, she also works for the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust as a Dermatology Nurse Specialist specialising in inflammatory skin conditions. Leila prides herself in providing high quality and evidence-based client-centred care.
Qualifications & training
- MSc Clinical Dermatology (present)
- MSc Specialist Practice(2015)
- Registered Nurse (RGN) with a BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing (2006)
- Skin surgery
- Skin lesion recognition
- Evidence-based practice
- Phototherapy and photochemotherapy (Guys and St Thomas)
- Skin lesion recognition and skin surgery
- Non-medical prescribing
- Advanced communication
- Photodermatology Specialist Nurse. Barnet Hospital. Speciality: Dermatology (2013).
- Skin Cancer Nurse Specialist, Barnet Hospital. Speciality: Dermatology and skin cancer (2013).
- Junior Sister, Chase Farm Hospital specialising in various areas including acute and elective female surgery, day surgery, urology, vascular, ear, nose and throat and maxillofacial surgery. (2009-2013).
- Registered Nurse, Broomfield Hospital. Speciality: Trauma orthopaedics and urology surgery. (2007-2009).
- Teaching – (2006-2007).
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- Facial rejuvenation
- Anti-ageing injectables and Dermal Fillers
- Medical dermatology (eczema, psoriasis and acne treatments)
- Minor skin surgery (mole and skin cancer removal)
- Skin tag removal
- Keloid scar injection treatment
- Steroid injections for alopecia
- Phototherapy and photochemotherapy
- Photodynamic therapy
- Biologic monitoring
- Systemic drug monitoring
Professional memberships (list):
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- The British Dermatological Nursing Group (BDNG)