Dr Faisal Ali is an experienced Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological Surgeon. He graduated from the University of Cambridge in pre-clinical medicine, before completing clinical studies in the University of Oxford.
He has trained and worked in the UK’s leading universities and hospitals. He is a fully trained (CCT) consultant dermatologist and has undertaken additional fellowship training in advanced dermatological surgery, including Mohs micrographic surgery and laser surgery (London), and disorders of pigmentation (Singapore).
He has wide-ranging research experience with a PhD, over 120 publications in medical and scientific journals and is regularly invited to lecture at national/international meetings with over 50 presentations.
He is one of the leading members of the East Cheshire Dermatology Team, which was named the prestigious BMJ Dermatology Team of the Year 2018.
- BA(Hons) Cambridge
- MA Cambridge
- PhD Cambridge
- BM BCh Oxford
- CCT Dermatology
- Advanced Dermatological Surgery & Laser Fellowship, London
- British Cosmetic Dermatology Group Fellowship, Singapore
- 2011 – Senior specialist registrar in Bedford Laser Unit
- 2008-2011 – Specialist registrar in plastic surgery at Yorkshire Deanery, Queen Victoria Hospital East Grinstead, St George’s Hospital London and Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge
- 2005-2008 – Basic Surgical training in Yorkshire and East Anglia Deanery
- 2002-2005 – Senior Research scientist at DSO national Laboratories, Singapore
- 1999-2002 – Research Scholar (Ph D National University of Singapore)
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Society for Dermatological Surgery
- British Cosmetic Dermatology Group
- British Medical Association
- British Medical Laser Association
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- Skin cancer – mole removal and mole checking
- Skin surgery
- Laser surgery
- Disorders of pigmentation (melasma, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, vitiligo)
- Cosmetic dermatology
- Facial Botox and Fillers
- Chemical peels
- Lump, bump, cyst, wart, milia removal
- 2017-present Consultant Dermatologist & Dermatological Surgeon, East Cheshire Dermatology Team, Vernova CIC, BMJ Team of 2018
- 2017 British Cosmetic Dermatology Group Fellowship, Singapore
- 2016 Locum Consultant Dermatologist & Dermatological Surgeon, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London
- 2015-2016 Advanced Dermatological Surgery Fellowship, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London
- 2011-2015 Dermatology Specialty Registrar, Manchester
Arrange a Consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer any questions you may have and help you on your sk:n journey.
- Qualified medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated Excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Appointments available nationwide, seven days a week