Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Mr Sainsbury is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon and a member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS). His elective NHS work predominantly involves the management of patients with cleft lip and palate, the correction of ear anomalies and paediatric plastic surgery.
Mr Sainsbury undertook his speciality training in plastic surgery in Newcastle, Durham and Middlesbrough and had the privilege of a one-year fellowship in Plastic Surgery at the Hospital for Sick Children (Toronto, Canada). He completed Advanced Training in Cleft Surgery and was a fellow in Newcastle, Leeds, Nottingham and Edinburgh before being appointed as a Consultant Plastic Surgeon in the Newcastle upon Tyne NHS Foundation Trust. He is passionate about teaching, surgical safety and leadership and his special interests are: cleft lip and palate; ear reconstruction; paediatric plastic surgery; burns; facial reanimation and facial aesthetics.
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (280140)
- Craniofacial Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- Cleft lip and palate
- Ear reconstruction
- Paediatric plastic surgery
- Facial reanimation
- Facial aesthetics