Dr Asif Hussein is a specialist in Laser and Cosmetic Dermatology and has been working with sk:n since 2009. He has extensive experience in this field and performs over four thousand procedures annually.
Asif graduated from King’s College London in 2003 and has also obtained a Postgraduate Diploma in Dermatology from Queen Mary University of London. He has performed a large amount of his advanced Laser training in the USA and is a Fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery.
Asif has a keen interest in teaching and is Honorary Lecturer at the Faculty of Aesthetic Medicine at Queen Mary University of London where he is author and lead for the Lasers and Energy Devices module.
He is author of courses in laser, sclerotherapy and advanced uses of botulinum toxin and fillers. He also enjoys teaching doctors on a regular basis in Botulinum Toxin and Hyaluronic Acid filler injections (Foundation to Advanced levels) and microsclerotherapy at the Cosmetic Courses centre in Buckinghamshire.
- MBBS (King’s College London)
- DipDerm (Queen Mary University of London)
- Current – Honorary Lecturer – Faculty of Aesthetic Medicine Queen Mary University of London
- Current – Microsclerotherapy Course Director at Cosmetic Courses UK
- 2009 – Current – Sk:n Doctor
- 2005-2007 – Surgical trainee at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- 2004 – Anatomy Tutor at Brighton & Sussex Medical School
- General Medical Council
- British Medical Association
- Fellow of American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
Clinical Interests & Specialities
- Ablative (CO2) and Non-ablative (Fraxel) Laser resurfacing procedures for the treatment of acne scarring and facial rejuvenation
- Surgical subcision and excision of acne scars
- Combined laser and sclerotherapy for leg vein treatments
- Surgical and Laser treatment of moles
- Peri-orbital (around the eye) rejuvenation with combined CO2 laser and injectables.
- Advanced injectable treatments including Lower face and Neck Botulinum Toxin (Nefertiti Lift/Platysmal Bands/Masseter injection for Bruxism (teeth grinding) & jaw reshaping, LLSAN injection for gummy smile, tear trough filler.
- Treatment of primary hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) with Botulinum Toxin – facial/underarms/hands
- Treatment and correction of filler complications and Hyalase (filler dissolving) injection.
- Removal of cosmetic facial tattoo and semi-permanent make-up such as false eyebrows/lip liner
- Carbon Dioxide and Erbium YAG Laser for ablative resurfacing / acne scarring
- Fraxel 1927 and 1550 for non-ablative resurfacing / acne scarring / facial rejuvenation
- Erbium YAG Laser for removal of moles in cosmetically sensitive areas such as the face
- Long pulsed Nd YAG and Diode Laser for Leg Thread Veins & vascular lesions and facial vascular lesions
- Pulsed Dye Laser and KTP laser for facial thread veins, rosacea and vascular birthmarks
- Q-switched lasers for pigmented lesions and tattoos
- NdYAG and PDL Laser treatment of warts and verrucae