Which is the Right Microneedling Treatment for You?
Microneedling (also known as skin needling or collagen induction therapy) is a treatment that involves puncturing the skin with small needles. These little contact areas stimulate the body’s wound-healing response and increase skin cell renewal.
We offer two types of microneedling treatments at sk:n, dermapen and dermarolling, but which is best for you? Continue reading to find out more.
This is a one-of-a-kind electrical system that enables your practitioner to customise therapy intensity to your specific needs. A solution containing hyaluronic acid, minerals, vitamins, and peptides is applied to the skin at the same time, which stimulates cell proliferation and thereby lowers the skin’s contours and increases flexibility.
Microneedling with a pen is a targeted treatment that is ideal for clients with localised areas of concern.
Benefits Of Microneedling Pen
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Produces younger-looking skin
- Minimally invasive
- Clears up acne scarring
- Quick healing process
- The procedure takes 20-30 minutes and is suitable for all skin types.
- Less intensive than other similar treatments.
Microneedling With A Dermaroller
The device is made of titanium and is rolled over the skin to create thousands of tiny contact points. This allows the body to initiate a wound-healing process, resulting in skin that is regenerated, smoother, and younger-looking.
Benefits Of Dermarolling
- Diminished appearance reduces the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and stretch marks.
- Brightens and rejuvenates skin.
- Reduces acne scarring.
- Reduced skin discolouration.
- Enhances production absorption.
- Hair follicle growth may be stimulated (in certain areas).
Click here to find out more about the procedure.
Dermapen VS Dermaroller
Microneedling is a type of collagen induction therapy, and Dermapen and Dermaroller are both types of microneedling. The Dermaroller has been around for a longer period of time than the Dermapen. The Dermapen is an upgraded electronic version of the hand-rolled Dermaroller.
They’re both tried-and-true treatments for a variety of ailments, so you won’t have to go under the knife or undergo potentially invasive surgical procedures to achieve the results you want.
Microneedling pens make it simple to treat hard-to-reach areas like the eyes, nose, and upper lip, which are more difficult to reach with standard rollers.
The Microneedling Pen allows you to customise the depth of the needles, but the Microneedling Rollers can only go to one depth. Adjusting needle depth has the advantage of allowing us to cater to different parts of the face that require varying levels of penetration for optimal outcomes. This is critical, especially when treating specific skin conditions like acne scars or delicate parts of the face like the eye area.
Alternatively, dermarollers are ideal for individuals who require treatment of a big region as it is easy to cover these areas with the larger rolling mechanism.
Your expert dermatologist here at sk:n will be able to determine which microneedling treatment is right for you.
Click here to book your free non-obligation consultation now.
- Microneedling pricks your skin with fine needles. To heal the microscopic wounds caused by the needles, your skin creates more collagen during the skin-pricking procedure. This helps to reduce scarring.
- The dermapen is a one-of-a-kind electrical system that enables your practitioner to customise therapy intensity to your specific needs.
- Dermarolling uses a device made of titanium, which is rolled over the skin to create thousands of tiny contact points.
- Your dermatologist will be able to determine which microneedling treatment is right for you.
Find your nearest clinic and arrange a free consultation with one of our trusted dermatologists for advice on how microneedling can work for you
Arrange your consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will call you to book your consultation.
- Qualified and regulated medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety and care protocols