Instant Regret: What To Do If You Immediately Realise You Made A Mistake With That New Tattoo
It’s not uncommon to feel regret after getting a tattoo, especially if you’re used to seeing your body in a certain way and find it now looks completely different.
It may take some time for you to adjust to or get used to the tattoo. However, if you’ve made the decision to begin the removal procedure right away, you have a few options. Continue reading to find out what to do if you regret your new tattoo right away.
Can A Fresh Tattoo Be Removed?
If you immediately regret your new tattoo you may be wondering ‘can a new tattoo be removed’ and the answer is yes. Tattoos are removed using lasers which break up the pigment colours.
A new tattoo can be treated as soon as the skin has healed from the tattoo application process. Meaning that you can forget your regret sooner, with the healing process typically taking 6 to 8 weeks.
Remember to look after your tattoo during this period to ensure that it heals smoothly and without scarring.
Is It Easier To Remove A New Or Old Tattoo?
Older tattoos tend to be easier to remove and require fewer sessions than newer tattoos.
There are two key reasons why it’s easier to remove older tattoos:
- Sun exposure – Over time, your tattoo will fade as a result of direct sun exposure. The sun gradually breaks out the tattoo ink. Of course, the sun takes a long time to work, and the tattoo will never be completely removed naturally. Many people with older tattoos have exposure to the sun over time to help fade the tattoo. During the laser removal process, a fading tattoo is significantly easier to remove.
- Body rejection – When you get a new tattoo your body sees the ink as a foreign object and will try to attack it. Whilst this will not damage a new tattoo, it will wear the ink down over time. The laser process will be easier for individuals with older tattoos because the body’s battle against it will help lower the amount of ink that needs to be removed.
Brand New Tattoo Removal
At sk:n we offer laser tattoo removal and pico tattoo removal.
Laser tattoo removal is quick, painless, and provides excellent results. This innovative technique works by passing the laser’s light into the skin and breaking up the tattoo ink into small bits. The immune system then clears these pieces from the body.
Picoway is the most up-to-date tattoo removal technology, with results in half the time of competing lasers. Pico is the fastest form of laser tattoo removal, thanks to its specialised short-pulse laser technology system. It’s ideal if you’re short on time and need your tattoo removed for an upcoming event or if you need it removed for work. It is suitable for all skin types and can even be used to erase difficult tattoos.
Click here to watch India’s Laser Tattoo removal journey.
- It’s not uncommon to feel regret after getting a new tattoo, and they can easily be removed.
- You can’t remove your tattoo until it is fully healed, the healing process typically takes 6 to 8 weeks.
- Older tattoos tend to be easier to remove and require fewer sessions than newer tattoos.
- Laser tattoo removal works by passing the laser’s light into the skin and breaking up the tattoo ink into small bits.
- Picoway is the most up-to-date tattoo removal technology, with results in half the time of competing lasers.
Find your nearest clinic and arrange a free consultation with one of our trusted dermatologists for advice on how tattoo removal can work for you.
Arrange your consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will call you to book your consultation.
- Qualified and regulated medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Strict safety and care protocols