How to prepare for Laser Hair Removal
If you want to permanently reduce or eliminate hair growth we recommend you choose the best hair removal treatment, laser hair removal. Our skin experts regularly get asked if preparation is needed before undertaking laser hair removal treatments. Before you put yourself forward for a treatment make sure you voice any potential concerns you may have about the treatment.
Preparing for Treatment
When preparing for Laser Hair Removal you should avoid:
- Tanning of any kind.
- Waxing, plucking and bleaching 2-4 weeks before hair removal.
- Shaving two days before the treatment as hair follicles need to be visible.
- Putting cosmetics, lotions, creams and deodorant on the area before the treatment.
Remember that laser hair removal is a safe and virtually painless treatment which can be used on any part of the body. All our experts at sk:n are trained to ensure that this treatment is right for you, and will carry out skin patch testing prior to your treatment. As we use lasers during the treatment you will be given goggles to protect your eyes. Following the treatment a cooling gel will be applied to your skin, and any redness should be reduced over 24 hours.
Arrange a Consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer any questions you may have and help you on your sk:n journey.
- Qualified medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated Excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Due to Covid-19 we have additional health and safety measures put in place to protect our teams there may be a delay in getting back to you