Care Quality Commission: What You Need To Know
sk:n is a medical-led business and are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) who provide medical guidance and oversight.
What is the CQC?
The CQC regulate a variety of care giving services, from care homes, to hospitals, dentists. Services that are CQC registered will always offer the most stringent safety and care measures.
The commission ensure that health services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care. They monitor, inspect and rate services, take action to protect people who use these services and publish views on major quality issues in health and social care.
As part of their inspections, the CQC check the following standards of clinics:
- Consent to care and treatment
- Care and welfare of people who use services
- Cleanliness and infection control
- Supporting workers
- Assessing and monitoring the quality of service provision
Cleanliness and infection control inspections led by the CQC are thorough, and cover off a wide range of sk:n policies. These include but are not limited to:
- Using appropriate flooring in all treatment areas to enable cleanliness and infection control.
- Enforcing strict rules on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as disposable aprons, gloves and goggles which are adhered to in all treatment areas.
- Carrying out weekly infection control audits by a lead member of the medical team.
- Ensuring clinical waste is disposed of correctly and safely.
sk:n are proud to be accredited by the CQC and as leaders in cosmetic and medical skincare, we will always strive to uphold the highest clinical standards in the industry.
We are open with your safety at heart
The safety of our clients and clinic teams is our number one priority and we have created an industry best practice safety policy for clinics alongside the Joint Council of Cosmetic Practitioners (JCCP).
Professor David Sines, Chair of the JCCP comments; “As the regulatory body for non-surgical aesthetic procedures, we are committed to ensuring that we offer the best guidance and support for members of the public wishing to undergo a treatment. Many of the treatments are not regulated and patient safety is always a key concern.
“COVID-19 has meant that patient safety is even more important. We wanted to be able to provide the industry with a best in class framework to ensure that clinics re-open safely to prevent further spread of the virus.
“Being able to work in collaboration with sk:n has been invaluable in ensuring that the guidelines are implementable and cover all practicalities of what working and visiting a clinic is like.”
Dr Daron Seukeran, Group Medical Director at sk:n: “We are proud to offer healthcare treatments that adhere to strict protocols that are devised by our Medical Standards Committee and delivered in CQC registered clinics with medical guidance and oversight. The safety of our clients and clinic teams is our number one priority. We have introduced a new safety charter with regular infection audits to ensure that you will be in the safest hands when you visit clinic.”
To find out more about our safety charter, view here.
Arrange a Consultation
One of our friendly sk:n advisors will contact you to answer any questions you may have and help you on your sk:n journey.
- Qualified medical experts
- An NHS Partner organisation
- Rated Excellent by our clients on Trustpilot
- Due to Covid-19 we have additional health and safety measures put in place to protect our teams there may be a delay in getting back to you