Benefits of Skin Peel
Many skin imperfections are the result of sun damage, acne, ageing or a build up of dead skin cells that clog the pores making the skin appear dull, wrinkled, spotty, scarred and/or patchy.
A chemical peel can dramatically improve the appearance of the skin on the face, hands, neck and décolletage. A skin peel leaves your skin looking smoother, healthier, plumper and tighter.
A skin peel effectively reduces or eliminates many skin imperfections including:
- Post acne scarring
- Rough patches and dry, scaly skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun spots
- Irregular pigmentation
- Enlarged pores
- Dark circles
Skin Peel Benefits
A safe, non-toxic chemical solution is applied to your skin that gently polishes or resurfaces the skin, removing the damaged top layers. A skin peel stimulates new cell growth and collagen production to effectively reveal younger looking skin.
- Your skin will be noticeably smoother and fresher looking
- A chemical peel reduces signs of sun damage, dull and uneven skin tone, scars, pigmentation, acne and enlarged pores
- Improves skin texture and condition by removing dead and damaged skin cells
- Your skin will be brighter and clearer as a chemical peel stimulates the growth of healthy skin cells and collagen production
- A skin peel penetrates the skin to smooth rough texture and discolouration
- There are a range of skin peels available designed to treat specific skin conditions and types
- All chemical peels at sk:n clinics are non-toxic and safe
Types of Chemical Peels
All of our skin peel treatments are tailored to suit individual clients’ skin type and condition to achieve the best possible results.
At sk:n clinics, we offer the following skin peel treatments:
- Jessner's Peel
- TCA Peel
- Mandelic Peel
- Glycolic Peel
Typically, a skin peel is classified as light, medium or deep.
A light chemical peel removes the epidermis, the top layer of the skin. It is effective in treating fine lines, age spots, skin discolouration and dryness.
A medium skin peel penetrates the epidermis and the upper layer of the dermis, the middle layer of skin. It is effective in treating deep wrinkles, acne, acne scars and pigmentation.
A deep chemical peel penetrates the lower layer of the dermis and effectively treats deep lines and wrinkles, scars and pigmentation.
Have your skin evaluated by a skin expert
At sk:n clinics, our team of medical experts are trained to evaluate your skin type and condition and recommend the most effective chemical peel suited to your skin. We keep you informed of what to expect every step of the way. Before your skin peel, we will discuss your skin goals, the benefits of a chemical peel, post-treatment care for your skin and answer any questions you have about the treatment.
sk:n clinics around the UK
With state-of-the-art facilities throughout the UK, there is a sk:n clinic near you supported by a national network of highly trained, experienced, qualified doctors and dermatologists.