IPL vs Laser Hair Removal
18 Feb 2014
What is IPL?
IPL stands for Intense Pulse Light and is a form of hair removal. The energy is produced by a lamp, and produces a variety of waves, meaning that it is more diffuse and less powerful than a laser.
What is Laser?
A laser is an intensely concentrated beam of light. The energy is extremely focused and penetrates deeper than IPL, which means it can be very precise, offering more powerful and accurate results.
Why is Laser better?
- Lasers use the exact wavelength needed to effectively treat the hair in each pulse
- Lasers can be used in large areas
- Lasers allow treatments to be customised to the specific skin tone and hair colour of the client
- Laser hair removal is not as painful as treatments like electrolysis or waxing
- Lasers permanently reduce the hair growth in the area
- Lasers will generally require less treatment sessions than IPL to achieve desired results
Sk:n use the best
Some salons and clinics use IPL as their hair removal equipment because it is far cheaper than laser. However, here at sk:n we insist on the very best technology in all of our clinics to give you the perfect results that you want. That’s why all of our clinics are equipped with the very best lasers and only offer laser hair removal
treatments; as we would never settle for average results and neither should you!
At sk:n we have lasers that treat all skin tones, even darker, pigmented or sensitive skin - during your consultation we will consider which laser will give you the best results and tune our lasers to your individual skin and hair type.
Our lasers are continuously maintained by our very own team of laser engineers and our laser treatments are carried out by highly qualified and experienced team of sk:n experts.
So say bye bye to your razor and hello to laser with laser hair removal treatments