sk:n treatments are PIP free
01 Jan 2011
As a founding member of the government-supported "Treatments You Can Trust" register, we are proud that our robust medical protocols ensure the safety of our treatments. PIP and permanent fillers have never been part of the sk:n clinic offering because our exacting standards mean our injectable filler of choice, Juvederm Ultra, contains hyaluronic acid - a lasting but non-permanent solution to a fuller, line and wrinkle-free complexion. Our highly experienced staff are dedicated to safety, efficacy and service which shows in every choice we make on your behalf. Please note: sk:n do not offer any kind of permanent filler.
Fillers at sk:n clinics
- sk:n uses only one brand of dermal filler called Juvederm Ultra. It is made by Allergan, a company was founded over 60 years ago who are renowed as a world leader in non-surgical aesthetic products.
- Juvederm Ultra has undergone rigorous testing and has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration in the USA, one of the toughest regulators in the world. Juvederm Ultra is one of only 6 dermal fillers authorised by the FDA – there are currently 140 unregulated fillers used in the UK but sk:n solely use Juvederm Ultra.
- Juvederm Ultra contains hyaluronic acid (HA) – a naturally occurring substance that flows easily and smoothly into your skin-filling out those troublesome lines and leaving a smooth, natural look and feel. HA is broken down by the body over a period of months and once gone, leaves no trace.
- Juvederm treatments are safe and effective when delivered by our highly trained medical professionals.
- Filler treatments in sk:n clinics are performed by fully qualified surgeons, doctors and nurses only. All are registered with their relevant professional regulating bodies (e.g. General Medical Council) to ensure the best, most advanced service.
- A full consultation with a doctor or nurse is required before any treatment but consultation is NOT a guarantee that treatment will be offered.
- Clients having filler treatments must be over the age of 18.
Why Choose sk:n for filler treatments?
- All consultations for anti-wrinkle injectable treatments carry no obligation and are free of charge.
- We offer all clients full aftercare including free follow up consultations with their doctor or nurse.
- sk:n are a founding member of the government-backed “Treatments you can trust” scheme, which maintains a directory of registered providers of cosmetic treatments.
- All sk:n clinics are regulated and inspected by the Care Quality Commission.
- sk:n actively lobby for tougher legislation in the field of cosmetic enhancements and injectables to ensure clients are fully protected from the many unscrupulous operators in the UK.
Based on 1172 reviews
See some of the reviews here.
sk:n Head Office, 34 Harborne Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 3AA
Registered in England No. 2545572. VAT No. GB 245 9495 64