Hollywood's top-five skin secrets
17 Sep 2012
Hollywood stars always manage to look enviably gorgeous with perfect bodies, hair, teeth and skin. While we may not all have access to top-notch make-up artists, world-class photographers and favourable lighting, it is possible to look our best by copying some of the A-list's skin secrets.
- Always wear sunscreen: the likes of actress Hilary Swank know that wearing a high-quality sunscreen is important whenever you step out in the sun. Using a high-factor cream that protects from UVA and UVB rays will stop you developing sunburn and skin conditions.
- Don't fall for fads: there are countless lotions and potions on the high street that claim to work miracles on your skin. Before you fall for the hype, do your research and find out if the magic ingredients the creams claim to contain will actually make any difference to the appearance of your skin.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet If you want to have healthy: looking and glowing skin then you need to eat a balanced diet. A lack of selenium, zinc and the vitamins A, C and E can lead to wrinkles forming, so it is important to eat fruit and vegetables that contain these. Making sure you get your vitamins will help your skin to heal from damage such as acne scarring too.
- Laser treatments: If you don't like the look of your wrinkles and wished your skin looked younger and brighter, then laser treatments are a good way of turning back the clock without resorting to surgery. Gwyneth Paltrow is rumoured to have used laser procedures to help her stay looking so beautiful and fresh faced.
- Microdermabrasion: Victoria Beckham and Naomi Campbell are both reported to have used microdermabrasion to make their skin look smooth, glowing and youthful. This procedure works by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow in their place.