Five skin treatments advocated by celebrities
23 Oct 2012
A quick nip and tuck here, a syringe of anti-ageing injections there, celebrities are notorious for their attempts to halt the hand of time. While they are not alone in this quest, many would argue that the pressure to look the best on the red carpet is reason enough to have your dermatologist on speed-dial. If you're aiming to turn back the clock, or want to look like an A-lister for your next event, check out some celebrity favourites for inspiration.
- Acne treatment - Acne is a common problem. With around 80% of teenagers suffering from outbreaks that extend into adulthood, it is not surprising that stars like Brad Pitt, Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz have suffered from this skin condition. While there are many skin treatments available, the most effective way to deal with acne is through a combination of laser treatment, microdermabrasion and topical lotions.
- Skin peels - Popular around award season, celebrities such as Keira Knightley and Jennifer Aniston admit that routine skin peels help to get them photo-ready. By removing old skin cells and fixing sun damage and wrinkles, pain-free chemical peels and exhalation treatments and can give your skin an added boost.
- Laser hair removal - A favourite among young and old Hollywood, laser hair removal is quick, safe and virtually painless. By focusing a laser on the bottom of the hair follicle, a trained professional can remove unwanted hair and reduce re-growth in a few sessions.
- Injectable fillers - While few celebs admit to using fillers, the evidence of over-use is plain to see. However, when administered correctly, these little injections can be a great way to smooth out any lines or wrinkles.
- Laser tattoo removal - While traditionally viewed as permanent body art, tattoo removal has been readily available since the early 90's. Laser treatment is the safest and most effective way to completely remove an unwanted tattoo, something that starlet Megan Fox recently discovered when she got rid of her inking of Marylin Monroe.
BOOK A CONSULTATION WITH SK:N